So I've been playing for a year now and have an Ibanez SZ320 and a cheap squier sp10 practise amp. I play Mainly metal, then some jazz and clean stuff. I'm sifting through a list of amps but can't narrow it down. My budget is around £500 as I'm buying an Ibanez RG8/ 7 String or an Ibanez RG then putting .10's in my old guitar and tuning it to drop C. So I'm looking for a good amp thats in my budget that handles downtuning and extended range guitars and I like one that can have a tight scooped mids tone as well as a chunky low end. The best amps out of the ones I've been looking at are 
Fender Bassbreaker, Boss Katana 100, Blackstar ID:Core Stereo 100, Marshal DSL40C, Peavey Bandit 112, Blackstar HT Metal 5H, THR100, Laney Ironheart IRT-Studio.
 I'd like one that can record to pc (I can get a Scarlett 2i2 if not) and play at bedroom level with possibility to be louder but I'm fine with modelling amps if they are cheap enough as I'll need to buy another for band stuff.
95% Guitar player. 5% Piano player
Playing guitar 1 year
Grade 3/8 - Aiming for grade 6 by next August
Metal, Prog, Jazz, and Math Rock.

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320 - Drop C -Black,
Jackson Misha HT7 - Standard - also Black,

Amp:
Ironheart IRT Studio 15w Head (I like black),
Ironheart 2x12 Cab (once you go black).
I'd look at the Blackstar HT Metal and the Laney in your budget. The Yamaha is also supposed to be pretty good. Do some research on whether they have a line out or USB out that will allow you to send a signal to the Scarlett, although you would just need a mic to capture the amp signal really. 
Strandberg Boden 8-String Ibanez RG2228
Fender HM Strat ESP Horizon-II Five-String Bass
Roland TD-30K Mesa Boogie Mark V:25
EVH5150III 50-Watt Yamaha Motif Rack XS
Access Virus TI Snow Polyend Perc Pro
I don't have experience with those amps you mentioned except 1,the HT metal.. I tried the 1 watt combo version of it, and it was very muddy, and fizzy. The head version could be better though with a decent cabinet. I'm not sure if the Marshall can do well with an 8 string. I've heard good things about the Boss Katana..

If you want a high gain amp for down tuned stuff, look for a used Triple X head, or combo, or a 6505 combo. Maybe that'll be more your thing.
For what you describe the Laney IRT-Studio would be a great fit.  I have one and play metal (mostly a heavy thrash tone with the Rhythm Channel) and the clean channel is very nice.  The most down tuned I play is Eb but there should be some YouTube videos out there.  

The USB interface is very good but a heads up that the onboard speaker emulation leaves a bit to be desired.  Turn off the embedded speaker emulation and run it through a V30 impulse in your DAW and you'll be happy though or use cheaper non-studio headphones.  

I made a post a while back comparing the embedded speaker emulation vs. a V30 IR (Peavey ReValver Flathill (Mesa) 412).   Sounds: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1726708

I also use the amp hooked up to a compact Mesa Rectifier 212 cabinet with V30s (the cabinet portion of my Roadster) and it sounds great.   The <1W input is great for the bedroom.  The 15W setting can get LOUD.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Last edited by metalmingee at Jun 5, 2017,
I've gotten around to doing some comparisons on these amps -- even for the bedroom, you're going to want more than 1W if you intend to hear bottom end. I'd definitely go with something in the 15W area. Here's the deal. It takes about four times the power to reproduce a low note at the *same* volume as the one an octave above it. You're also going to want to make sure you have a speaker in that amp that can actually reproduce the bottom end that you want to hear. Most guitar speakers begin to fall off rapidly around 100Hz (and a low E on a standard six string is already 82 Hz). A C below that E is around 65.4Hz, and the low B string of a standard 7 is around 62Hz. Honestly, a "good amp thats in my budget" probably won't reproduce those frequencies either; you're really going to be listening to something that "suggests" those low notes via a set of mathematic harmonics that indicate the note, rather than actually reproducing it.
dspellman Well I'm 90% set on the Ironheart studio I've heard good about it in all my conditions and I can use it through PC too to emulate different cabinets and volumes, I will get a cab for it later on but at the moment I can only afford the head of it and another guitar
95% Guitar player. 5% Piano player
Playing guitar 1 year
Grade 3/8 - Aiming for grade 6 by next August
Metal, Prog, Jazz, and Math Rock.

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320 - Drop C -Black,
Jackson Misha HT7 - Standard - also Black,

Amp:
Ironheart IRT Studio 15w Head (I like black),
Ironheart 2x12 Cab (once you go black).