Looks like a very good guitar for that price.
$US 800 on Amazon.
and £299 here?
http://www.cantabilemusic.co.uk/cubecart/Samick+Greg+Bennett+Beaumont+D+7+Ce+Acoustic+Natural.html
Sales video

But how decent it is to learn on depends on how well it has lasted and how well it is set up.
Last edited by PSimonR at Jun 3, 2017,
Quote by PSimonR
Looks like a very good guitar for that price.
$US 800 on Amazon.
and £299 here?...[ ]...
I wouldn't make too much of the price you got at Amazon. It's from a dealer, and not Amazon itself. An educated guess brings me to the conclusion, that only factoring in the exchange rate, it's likely worth about $350.00 US. Considering the guitar is made by Samick, is very likely laminated B &S, and has a nato, (not mahogany) neck, extra $450.00 in the offer from "Monfrey Music", is a "stupidity tax", plain and simple. In fact, they have Big brass balls trying to charge 5 bucks shipping on top of that price.
Quote by Tony Done
I don't know much about them, but I see them fairly ofter here in Oz. They seem to have a solid reputation.
Those guitars are made by Samick. So basically, this is Samick's answer to Cort selling "Cort" guitars. http://gregbennettguitars.com/guitars/acoustic/beaumont-series/d-7/

As you know, I love talking about my Epiphone EJ-200-SCE's as much or more than you do proselytizing Taylor bolt on necks. That said, they're made by Samick, and IMHO, Samick gives a great "bang for the buck".
Actually I've just seen a Cort guitar for sale for $150 which I wish was selling when I  Brought mine. Oh well at least I've got one to start learning on and I can always upgrade later on.  Thanks gents.  
Quote by TroyJP
Actually I've just seen a Cort guitar for sale for $150 which I wish was selling when I  Brought mine. Oh well at least I've got one to start learning on and I can always upgrade later on.  Thanks gents.  

If you like the way it plays and sounds then that's all that counts. And don't worry about "upgrading" - my most-played guitar is a very cheap and cheerful all-laminate thing that cost (back when it was new) around £100 (although I scored it used for £35). Works for me. 
I've played a couple and they seemed nice.  The ones I played were well built and sounded good.  If it has been well maintained it is definitely a good choice to learn on.
Not taking any online orders.
Last edited by CorduroyEW at Jun 5, 2017,
Thanks guys. I dropped it off at a repairers tonight who is going to lower the action as it was too high.