So I paid Nick Johnston, great guitar player and I love his music, 70$ through PayPal to send me two cds and a USB drive with transcriptions and backing tracks. He says he sent it using standard Canadian Post and I'm located in MI in the U.S. it has been long over two months and the package never arrived, I confronted him about this and he said to give it another week and he'd resend it. Well, I waited another two weeks just to give him the benefit of the doubt, but now he won't respond to any messages on his page from me, and the fact that he is active and messenger says the messages were never delivered leads me to to believe he blocked my account. I was curious if anyone else had dealt with him before and been burned at all, or if he seemed like a legit guy, because at this point I'm fairly pissed, but don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm a pretty forgiving person and generally would like to believe better of people, but it's pretty hard at this point.
Really only Half-Omniscient
Last edited by VikingBradlev at Jun 3, 2017,
Canadian post is notoriously anusy.
Like, it has a reputation for being snails pace for delivery. I've a friend in vancouver and sending her the odd bday present takes weeks even when I'm buying it from a .ca website. I've never heard anyone else say anything about Johnstons character or supposed lackthereof so my only advice is to stick it out.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Fair enough, and I appreciate the input. It's just frustrating you know? At first glance he seems like he would be a totally legitimate business-person, being a professional, and one with endorsements, clinics and tours. So yeah, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I suppose my rearing in the age of instant-gratification is probably spurring on my frustrations haha
who? 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Can you dispute payment with PayPal? They usually give you it baxk
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by k.lainad
who? 

I'm surprised, he's your kind of guitarist:

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
Canadian post is notoriously anusy.
Like, it has a reputation for being snails pace for delivery. I've a friend in vancouver and sending her the odd bday present takes weeks even when I'm buying it from a .ca website. I've never heard anyone else say anything about Johnstons character or supposed lackthereof so my only advice is to stick it out.

I disagree. I've ordered numerous items from Canada using Canada post. Everything has arrived in a week or less and keep in mind I live in Texas. He could be a dick for all we know. A persons talents and skill have nothing to do with their attitude towards others. 
Last edited by ImNeverSalty at Jun 3, 2017,
Quote by ImNeverSalty
I disagree. I've ordered numerous items from Canada using Canada post. Everything has arrived in a week or less and keep in mind I live in Texas. He could be a dick for all we know. A persons talents and skill have nothing to do with their attitude towards others. 

In the prog world, that shit would get around fast and he's had half a decade of being in said world. Highly unlikely that he's screwed anyone over.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
I think I've heard enough for my peace of mind haha. Can I have a MOD delete or lock this thread please?