Hi! New to the foum and looking for some advice, metalheads. 
I presently only own 1 guitar - a BC Rich Ironbird that came equipped with a single humbucker, a volume control knob, and nothing else. No tone knob, no single coil in the neck position.... nothing. 

I'm recording some doomy, stoner-metal type stuff and have heard great things about bareknuckle warpig pickups. Alternatively, I saw this Jackson Kelly http://www.samash.com/js32t-kelly-electric-guitar-jjs32tkelly-p comes stock with ceramic magnet pickups that might also get me the sound I'm looking for, not to mention it's always fun just to get a new guitar. 

Finances will only allow me to buy one or the other, so what do you think will get me closest to the sound I'm looking for? 
what's your amp?

also i doubt that guitar is any upgrade from what you already have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha no worries. it's just that's a lot of money to spend on a pickup when the amp is the likely culprit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed with Dave. Neither the Jackson nor the Bareknuckles are going to make much of a difference to your tone through that amp. I can't offer much in the way of amp suggestions for doom/stoner metal, but if you sell your Orange and add that to the money you were going to spend on the guitar/pickups that should give you $300-$400 to spend on a half decent amp. That will give you a much larger improvement than any guitar or pickup will.

Hopefully someone else can suggest some amps.
Forget about pickups until you can afford a better amp.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 Let's take the variable of the amp out of the scenario, since I actually  have a Fender Super Reverb Tube I could use if I needed to. What then?

It's still not really an amp I'd recommend for a good stoner metal tone tbh. Maybe throwing a fuzz pedal in front of it would actually get your places rather than spending money on pickups.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee