Hi all

Might be getting my hands on a 1967 re-issue Fender Stratocaster in the next few days if the guy doesn't want it anymore. Just to clarify, this is NOT a 1967 Fender Strat (I wish) it's a re-issue from 1987. How much is this thing worth once restored? Or is it even worth restoring?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers

EDIT: I won't actually be selling, I'm just curious to how much it would be worth.
Last edited by TheBlisterer at Jun 5, 2017,
going to need more info on this. is it US made or Japanese?  aside from being the lowest production year of the 60s i can't think of anything special about an actual 67 that would make if desirable. can't see the re-issue being worth all that much. 
the only US made 67 reissue is a Custom Shop guitar  and not from 1987. the only reissue from that time period was a 62  and i don't think they came in alpne white. need pix and a serial # to really give you any useful info at this point. 
monwobobbo Hmm, owner might have got the odd detail wrong then. I'm too bothered about that though, we forget over time if we don't it I guess.
Haven't been able to examine the guitar too much because I've been busy working at his house unfortunately.
Quote by TheBlisterer
monwobobbo Hmm, owner might have got the odd detail wrong then. I'm too bothered about that though, we forget over time if we don't it I guess.
Haven't been able to examine the guitar too much because I've been busy working at his house unfortunately.

well the details make a difference so no way to answer your ? 
Sorry for the few typos in that last comment. I meant to say I'm not too bothered and that we forget over time if we don't play it.
I'll see if I can find out more tomorrow, he's really on the fence about giving it to me. Thanks so far.
sketchy. little differences can make a big difference in price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
looking forward to seeing what this really is. post up pics if you can after you see it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
New info. Turns out  it's a made in Japan reissue from 1982-84. Grabbed a quick look at the serial number on the neck plate today on my lunch break while no one was home. I got a good look at it from all angles too, in it's current condition I wouldn't imagine it's very desirable. I don't think the guy was bullshitting me with any of the details, I just don't think he truly knew the full details of his guitar. 
This has all been for nought anyway since he has decided to keep his guitar after all! False alarm. Thank you all for your interest regardless.

Happy strumming
actually the early japanese made models are pretty collectible. thanx for the update.