#1
I would like to know what the safest most effective product is used to remove mold from wood. I have mold in my attic and want it out. When hiring a clean up company what questions should I be asking about the method of clean up they employ? 

Thanks in advance
#3
"Is this your work?"

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
#4
scoop the molds
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
#5
bleach bomb

for most stuff you can probably just use dettol, but if it's coming through wood beams and drywall and such (ie more than just surface mould but actually rotting your house from the inside out), then just look around at local companies and say "what method of clean up do you employ"
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
#6
I think what you need is a new amp

Then put it infront of the mold so you cant see it anymore
#7
Quote by smithy15493
I think what you need is a new amp

Then put it infront of the mold so you cant see it anymore


this is how stoner/doom metal happened
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
#8
general cleaning with bleach and then decent varnish?

maybe an anti fungal if you aren't varnishing it for whatever reason


I did bleach+varnish on some outside moldy wood doors/panels that worked fine (did some light sanding before varnishing on some bits). also had some indoor mildew that I eventually got under control with bleach on the walls with a bunch of scrubbing then a painting a primer with some anti fungal additive added and then a paint with some more anti-fungal. should have really properly stripped the paint back and maybe used a vinyl paint for easy wiping as mildew still kinda comes back over the course of a year, but it at least comes off reasonably easy with a bit of wiping with a light bleach.


edit: actually in my case that is all mildew and light mold though. dunno what they'd do about serious mold.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson


O__o
#9
I don't see an issue here that isn't fixed with a new amp.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
#11
The attic is the perfect place.
Stuffy.
Dark.
Shine a bright light on it.
Make it sweat.
You gotta be persistent.
Eventually you will,

Break the mould.
#13
 why is there mold there in the first place?  gotta fix that first.   
how many movements do you have going on, psychotic ?
#15
Moulding is caused by long-term neglect/lack of maintenance and this is not your fault because some parts are hard to clean and they’re unreachable. Moulding is an actual process that takes months to develop because its organic bacteria accumulating and nesting on a location before it spreads. In New Zealand ( I currently live there) it's common. I usually call to the local service, found their website on random. It's better than spend the whole weekend on an attic.