Had my 6 String 22 fret gibson style bridge Ibanez a year now. I was thinking of getting a 7 or 8 string because I listen to alot of that and there are some decent cheap ones but I then thought I should probably master the 6 string before moving onto more to not overcomplicate things so the next best guitar I want is a 24 fret floyd rose guitar. Even if it is cheesy I want one for the experience and so I can have a drop C and E standard guitar. I was looking at up to £500 preferably. I'm not sure where to look though, I'd like new but I can understand they cost alot more now. My ideal would be a GEM but that's alot and the JR is not so well built. I've been looking at the RG550 but most are 20 years old and just above my price range.  I'm wary as my current guitar wasn't treat greatly and although it works fine it is very dirty and uncleanable. Or maybe a better idea is to get another hardtail 6 string and use that as a standard as long as it has 24 frets. 

TL;DR : 
Can you guys reccommend either a floyd equipped or general 24 fret guitar around £500 (Favourite brands Ibanez, Jackson) (Genres I play: Metal, Rock, Jazz, Prog.)
95% Guitar player. 5% Piano player
Playing guitar 1 year
Grade 3/8 - Aiming for grade 6 by next August
Metal, Prog, Jazz, and Math Rock.

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320 - Drop C -Black,
Jackson Misha HT7 - Standard - also Black,

Amp:
Ironheart IRT Studio 15w Head (I like black),
Ironheart 2x12 Cab (once you go black).
Quote by birkettlewis
Had my 6 String 22 fret gibson style bridge Ibanez a year now. I was thinking of getting a 7 or 8 string because I listen to alot of that and there are some decent cheap ones but I then thought I should probably master the 6 string before moving onto more to not overcomplicate things so the next best guitar I want is a 24 fret floyd rose guitar. Even if it is cheesy I want one for the experience and so I can have a drop C and E standard guitar.

Sorry, but Floyds and changing tunings don't go well together except for one guitar (and the disclaimer is that I own two of these because I wanted something that would do alternate tunings and still leave me with a Floyd) -- the Line 6 JTV-89F. I don't know where you are, but these are about $1199 (unless you have discounts or buy used) new. It IS a 24-fret guitar, very well-constructed, good magnetic pickups. Where it differs from almost every other guitar on the market is that it also has piezo pickups (Graphtech Ghost saddles on an LB63 - Floyd - bridge) and it has Variax firmware that allows you to tune almost anything without changing the string tension.
dspellman perhaps I phrased it wrong, I'm going to get a new guitar and use that one in standard tuning and use my current one as a drop c guitar
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
Can you afford a used Pro Series Jackson with that budget in your part of the world?  You can also look at the older MIJ versions.  

Used LTD 1000 series - M or MH for a super strat shape with a Floyd - would also do the trick.  

I'm not too familiar with Ibanez's line to make a suggestion there.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Just curious, do you want a Floyd Rose in your new guitar just to experience it? If you are into heavier stuff like djent/nu metal, you'll hardly have any use for the FR bridge in that new guitar. In that case you'd be better off trading your current hardtail for a 6 string FR guitar and then get a hardtail 7 or 8 string. Just food for thought...
Quote by birkettlewis
dspellman perhaps I phrased it wrong, I'm going to get a new guitar and use that one in standard tuning and use my current one as a drop c guitar

Okee Dokee.
yakplays I like all genres of metal standard and downtuned. I would do that but my current guitar I bought for £200 and although it works fine I wouldn't get nearly enough to get two guitars with what money I have
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
an rg655 is basically a 550 with dimarzios. probably a bit above your £500 budget, though (I seem to remember seeing them for £900).

the big problem is you don't want a subpar trem. cheapest good guitars with decent trems are probably the jackson bolt on pro series or the charvel pro mods (I haven't tried them though, but i hear good things- i've only tried the older japanese versions).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc Seems too much. I recently saw that the ESP M-400 DRM has gone down from £900 to £600 so my budget means I can buy the laney ironheart irt and this guitar which seems to fit all my conditions (can't' afford a cab yet will have to play through pc or earphones only till I get one but should be ok)
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
metalmingee there's an esp m-400 that's on sale I can afford
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
birkettlewis  Give it a whirl and see if you like it.  Never played that model but it has a thinner version of the neck on my EC-1001.  Should be fine.  The Floyd Special isn't the best bridge in the world but keep it setup correctly and lube the knife edges with chapstick and you should be good.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by birkettlewis
Dave_Mc Seems too much. I recently saw that the ESP M-400 DRM has gone down from £900 to £600 so my budget means I can buy the laney ironheart irt and this guitar which seems to fit all my conditions (can't' afford a cab yet will have to play through pc or earphones only till I get one but should be ok)

It seems to have a floyd rose special, though? i'd strongly suggest trying to get up to the frt-x000 trem if you're going double-locking (or else go with a hardtail).

I know it's very annoying to be told to spend more, especially if you can't afford it, but that special is (probably- i haven't tried it, but judging by its specs and what I've read online) going to be an achilles heel. the jackson pro series bolt-ons and charvel pro mods are more like £750 or so (and that seems to be the price everywhere- i've read online that if you actually go into the shop they may well come down from that, but that's the "advertised" price, if that makes sense) and have the frt-x000.

and if you genuinely can't stretch (it's debatable whether doing without an amp is worth it) then i'd strongly suggest a hardtail (or else maybe something with a non-locking trem, but again you'd need to be sure the trem is actually decent).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I feel obliged to recommend MIJ Jacksons since I have 6 of them asna MIJ Charvel.  

They are great guitars for the price $350-$400 USD average if you can find one that has been well taken care of and there are plenty of them out there.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Check out the ibanez iron labels. Emg equipped and have option for a floyd rose. Run $699 new $799 for floyd equipped, depending where you are you may find one in your price range. Ive played one and loved it. Very fast and thin neck, 24 frets and active pickups.
Stedke I have but I can't stand EMGs I want passive pickups unfortunately 
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
birkettlewis I believe they also make another iron label that have dimarzio passives as well in it, I'll see if I can find a link.
Godin discontinued production of the Redline HB years ago, but you can still find ones in really good condition out there. Canadian made, hot pickups...the only thing missing is the Floyd and maybe 2 frets- I can't recall if it's a 22 or 24.
https://reverb.com/item/4543037-godin-redline-hb-trans-black
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Dave_Mc Checked on ebay and seen a few nice guitars. They are RG550/RG2550 that meet all my conditions but I think they have an edge tremolo not a real one, and then there's a Jem70 for £100 above my budget (used) I love the gem and it would seem to be great I'm not huge on the seafoam green colour though so that's my only put off
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
dannyalcatraz That does seem like a quality instrument, from the image the action seems a bit high to me but might just be my eyes
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
Action can be adjusted, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by birkettlewis
Dave_Mc Checked on ebay and seen a few nice guitars. They are RG550/RG2550 that meet all my conditions but I think they have an edge tremolo not a real one, and then there's a Jem70 for £100 above my budget (used) I love the gem and it would seem to be great I'm not huge on the seafoam green colour though so that's my only put off

the original edge is great, it's made by gotoh. about the only thing the OFR has on it is the brass sustain block, the block on the edge is kind of crappy, but it doesn't stop it from being an awesome trem. the lo-pro edge and edge pro (not edge pro II) are also by gotoh and also great. it's the cheaper ibanez trems which are crappy, the good ones are equal to the OFR in terms of how nice they are (apart from the sustain block, as i said, but i have an edge pro and it sounds fine I think it's easily swapped for a brass block if you cared, anyway.)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right so it's between that godin, jem70v,  jackson ht7/6 and rg550
Playing guitar 1 year

Guitars:

Amp:
For you I'd get an rg series with a pickguard that way you can change the pickguard later if you want to try different pickup combos
Prs se Holcomb is the answer