So the Marshall mg10cd has a hole for an emulated headphone. Now the hole is too big for a normal headphone. What are you supposed to plug into that?
It's labelled unhelpfully. "Emulated headphones" is short for "Speaker emulated headphone output", which simply means it's a headphone output that's meant to mimic (emulate) the sound of the amp's speaker so what you hear through the headphones is similar to what you'd hear without them.

The socket will just be a 1/4" TRS, which is a larger version of the connector used by most headphones you come across everyday. You will probably want a 3.5mm (female) TRS to 1/4" TRS (male) adaptor, with which you should be able to use any normal headphones.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I remember a day when "normal" headphones had 1/4" jacks.
Quote by fly135
I remember a day when "normal" headphones had 1/4" jacks.
Well, professional ones still tend to but since the "casual" headphone market is largely about computers and phones nowadays the 3.5mm is the more widely useful standard.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Well, professional ones still tend to but since the "casual" headphone market is largely about computers and phones nowadays the 3.5mm is the more widely useful standard.

I guess because the reduced size take up less space in an already tiny gadget? And maybe to differentiate the two fields of use.
Quote by Will Lane
I guess because the reduced size take up less space in an already tiny gadget? And maybe to differentiate the two fields of use.
Chiefly the former, I think. There isn't space for a 1/4" jack in a structurally sound smartphone.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by frankgangmei.fg
So the Marshall mg10cd has a hole for an emulated headphone. Now the hole is too big for a normal headphone. What are you supposed to plug into that?

Most of the better over the ear headphones come with an adapter from 1/4" to 3.5mm. Most of the smaller "buds" don't.

If you don't have one, you can pick up one at any music store. They're cheap (and I lose them, so I have at least two banging around).