I'd like to know, everytime i let the string go at the fretsside, you hear the open note
So let's say I got my finger on the fifth fret at the E string, when I let lose to hold another string, the low E will sound. How to prevent this?

And when I glide with my finger from one fret to another, you hear that gliding sound. Do I really have to lift my finger everytime, or is there another technique.
It takes some time and experience for the mechanical artifacts of playing to stop making various noises and extraneous sounds. Some sounds will just go away with improvement in technique, others will need eventual development of an additional technique.

For example, in the beginning one tends to release a fretted string by coming off of it at a haphazard angle so it is similar to a "pull-off" in which you do that on purpose to get an unpicked string to sound out. When the fingers get more comfortable with moving and shifting around the normal string release is smaller and is just an instantaneous relaxation of pressure holding the string down to the fret. For slow changes this effectively damps and stops the string from sounding as it is released. At higher speeds where there is too little time to wait for finger tip damping to have much effect, the damping is done with the right hand near the bridge, and eventually both hands get involved in automatically damping all strings that you don't intend to sound out. This comes automatically with time.

The sound made when you glide your fingers up and down the strings depends on both technique, the type of strings, and your tone/gain settings. Again, in the beginning the loudest "squawks and squeaks" come from the instant that the note or chord is released in conjunction with initiating a move. Especially with chords, this comes from not knowing how lightly one may maintain a chord - people hold them way too tightly, and the squeaks come from initiating movement when there is still too much pressure of the fingers on the strings. One also learns automatically how to minimize this with time. Dialing in more treble or more gain than you need will exaggerate the squeaks. Depending on the music you play, there are flat wound strings that do not squeak, their tone is more subdued, good for jazz but even used by non-jazz players.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
Last edited by PlusPaul at Jun 6, 2017,
I think the answer to your first question lies in reducing your speed and practicing. This usually happens when your picking hand isn't trained enough to lift off high enough from that string and it will do an unintended strum before moving to the next string. Another reason this could happen is your fretting finger is sliding off the fretted string, letting it go swinging freely. In both cases, the best way to fix this is to play slower for longer, until at last you get it right. Trust me I do the same exercises and they are not exhilarating, but very necessary to build muscle memory. There is simply no other way around it.

Answer for your second question: you seem to be using glides when it's not really needed. You should really be using another finger for a different fret. If you are concerned about the acoustic-like glide sound then what you are looking for are hammer-on and pull-off techniques, which is extremely easy to perform. Just watch some Youtube clips to see how they are performed. The trick to get into hammer-ons and pull-offs instead of glides is to remember that glides are performed as a last resort when you are playing very fast (like 16/16) and need to reposition your fretting hand in the nick of time, immediately, to another location. Let me repeat: when you need to reposition your hand, not just fingers.