Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has given this a try just yet and what kind of results can be achieved. My current setup is guitar - focusrite 2i4 - reaper - bias amp/fx - Yamaha hs5.
Not really a good idea. Delays and reverbs may be okay but drive pedals will just push your interface's input and not really do anything proper for your sound. You will surely get better results using what is built into BIAS.
Quote by Will Lane
Not really a good idea. Delays and reverbs may be okay but drive pedals will just push your interface's input and not really do anything proper for your sound. You will surely get better results using what is built into BIAS.

yup. time based efx will work fine and things like wha's usually work ok. the one down side is that you have to put the pedals in front which doesn't always give you the best effect. 
I tried using my OD pedal on bias amp/fx, it didn't work very well it made it sound nasally like a cocked wah
speaking of wah, those sound fine up front of an interface too!  I have gotton some pretty sweet tone with bias fx and a real life wah pedal.

This was done that way -
From personal experience I don't find BIAS takes analog ODs and Distortions too well up front. I much prefer using VST versions instead. Modulation pedals I find work decently enough but some of the pedals can be on the noisy side so it can be a hassle. 

Is there a particular reason why you want to use analog stomps over computer based effects? You could probably dial in similar tones with them. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Will Lane

Honestly I've had pretty good luck running my board straight into my interface and running my drives into a bias amp model set clean. I've never had an issue overloading the interface.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
H4T3BR33D3R Just looking for some more variety, also something to incorporate into my live rig once I start putting that together to get as much versatility as possible. I'm starting to think an axefx/kemper might be the better option cause from what I've heard they can take fx pretty well. Currently don't have an actual guitar amp since I live in an apartment and I'd like to be able to replicate these tones as closely as possible live and at my place.
Quote by Jared.Unrau
H4T3BR33D3R Just looking for some more variety, also something to incorporate into my live rig once I start putting that together to get as much versatility as possible. I'm starting to think an axefx/kemper might be the better option cause from what I've heard they can take fx pretty well. Currently don't have an actual guitar amp since I live in an apartment and I'd like to be able to replicate these tones as closely as possible live and at my place.

If you're planning on playing live then yeah maybe you should start looking into things like the Axe-FX/Kemper/Helix/Atomic. Bias sounds good but if you're gonna be playing live, it can be a hassle to bring a computer, interfaces, monitors etc... with you all over the place. At least with an Axe or the like, you have multiple routing options (1/4" outs, AUX outs etc...) so you can go FOH, you can use them into a power amp, you can toss them into the FX loop of an amp etc... I think it would probably be a more practical route if that's your intention. 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3RIt's definitely a difficult choice considering all of the time/money I've invested in bias. Bias head does look tempting though, I'm not gonna lie.
Quote by Jared.Unrau
H4T3BR33D3RIt's definitely a difficult choice considering all of the time/money I've invested in bias. Bias head does look tempting though, I'm not gonna lie.

Time and money?  it's a $100 program - the Kemper's like $2000 + tax, and that doesn't count the powered monitor you'll need to buy, which will run you at least $500 for something half-decent. 
Quote by Jared.Unrau
reverb66Well, more like $400 for the pro versions of both programs.

So how were you planning on playing live with Bias? What was your setup going to look like? 
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster