Hey guys,

I'm not so smart when it comes to the hardware of my guitar but as the title says i'm having an issue with fret buzz on the 19th fret of the D string and ONLY on the D string. I'd rather not take it to a professional given that it doesn't seem like something I can't fix myself. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sorry about the bad audio, it was a quick recording with my phone

;feature=youtu.be
The 20th fret might be slightly higher in that spot on the fretboard?  Or there is more fret wear on the 19th fret at that spot?  I suspect the only way to fix that is to raise the action at the bridge slightly but that will raise your overall action everywhere. I'm no expert though. 
I had a guitar that fretted out when I did two-stop bends on the 16th fret. In some cases, you can have a tech find the offending fret and either file or hammer it down. In my case, I ended up having the frets superglued and PLEK'd, but I'd suggest that you not attempt it yourself if you've got no experience with correcting errant frets.
I agree with what these guys above suggest.  Have you tried changing the strings yet though?  Maybe you have a crease or crud on the string.  I always start simple and inexpensive to fix things. . .  

A fret rocker would show you quickly if you have an offending fret.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee The strings are very new yes. I don't know all that much about adjusting intonation / action on my guitar so I have yet to attempt anything related to those things.
vayne92 At the 19th fret, you're already on the body of the guitar so not much can cause this.  Since it's only one fret on one string I'd look strongly at the 20th fret being the culprit.   I wouldn't call that fret buzz as much as a dead fret.  

Is this a new problem?  Did the old strings do it as well?  Did anything change - thicker gauge of strings?   
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
metalmingee Honestly i bought this guitar 6 odd months ago and the previous owner had it atrociously set up (it was a bargain so i bought it regardless) so i took it in to get professionally fixed. It wasn't the usual place I'd get my guitar serviced and honestly they were pretty troublesome to deal with. I haven't played it all that much especially not so much any solo stuff where i'd actually be using the 19th fret on the D so it's likely it was an issue previously but i never noticed it due to lack of playing. 
vayne92 Quite possibly.  I'd pick up a fret rocker just so you know.  I'll never buy another guitar (in person at least) without one!

Does your bridge have individual saddles that you can raise and lower like a Fender?  If so, raise just the saddle of the D string and see if that makes things better.  It would be another telltale sign of a high fret.  

You can also find another shop and ask for a fret level / dressing if you want to put the money into it.  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
vayne92 I've never seen that type of bridge but each saddle looks individually adjustable.  There should be a screw or hex that raises or lowers the string.  I'd also buy a string radius gauge to make sure all of the saddles are set correctly to match the radius of the neck.  
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims