Poll Options
View poll results: Well
Agree
36 65%
Disagree
19 35%
Voters: 55.
Page 1 of 6
no. people just catch feelings way too easily. probably a side effect of having too much salt in their diet. 
I actually think I see less arguments in The Pit these days if anything
Idk, I haven't been around enough
Perhaps that is a catalyst?
I highly doubt it
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I'm only hostile to idiots.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Isn't it just the usual flow of things?
A few quiet months, then a multi/new user comes back to troll/have a melt down.
Mirror threads of said trolls/meltdowns then everything is golden again for a month or two.
I've noticed a lack of non-political threads lately, which is probably why things feel more hostile.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Isn't it just the usual flow of things?
A few quiet months, then a multi/new user comes back to troll/have a melt down.
Mirror threads of said trolls/meltdowns then everything is golden again for a month or two.

The Pit was actually quite more hostile 10 years ago when there were up to 500 people at a time calling each other idiots.
It was also a lot more entertaining.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I think there's just been an increase in trolling lately (in part due to new/returning users) and it makes us more reserved of our quiet boring little community.

I haven't gone through enough threads to say that for a fact though.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Jackal58
The Pit was actually quite more hostile 10 years ago when there were up to 500 people at a time calling each other idiots.
It was also a lot more entertaining.

pff that's nonsense. What are you, some kind of idiot?

just doing my little bit
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Jackal58

Ah so it was like the columns section is now  then! They all hate each other there, it's great fun cleaning up all that shit

Exactly why I never go in there!
It's pretty chill to me.
-BUBBA-
Last edited by bubba at Jun 7, 2017,
Quote by ImNeverSalty
no. people just catch feelings way too easily. probably a side effect of having too much salt in their diet. 

the biggest assholes have the loudest farts, as they say ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by Dreadnought
Y/n?

Spades hate getting called spades. What can ya do?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If there were TWO pits, a serious pit and a just-for-fun pit, the hostile people would go to the serious one, and those who only want to play in the sandbox could avoid and ignore the hostility, and pretend it doesn't exist. 
If the pit wore pants would they wear them like this?

[img]

Or like this?

[second img]
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by gerdner
If there were TWO pits, a serious pit and a just-for-fun pit, the hostile people would go to the serious one, and those who only want to play in the sandbox could avoid and ignore the hostility, and pretend it doesn't exist. 

Separating them is disturbing the balance even further. We are still waiting for the chosen one who will bring harmony to the pit and ug as whole. Only then shall we rule the galaxy, together, as father and son
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by kalypto
fuck you

Came here to say this.

Edit: fuck you for beating me to it.
nah

i find it more peaceful than ever

wonder why
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Deliriumbassist
No. It's just a minority of OTT tryhards that think that by overly offensive it lends credence to whatever asinine point they're trying to make.

Actually, it's more like passive-aggressive cheap shot artists calling any point they disagree with "asinine".
Quote by ultimate-slash
Exactly why I never go in there!
same!

i figure my greatest contribution to the columns was trolling harder than anyone there, getting everyone so mad at me, and then just leaving it cold-turkey. i think everyone's better for it
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i blame america
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by smb
to be fair, the world is pretty fucking hostile lately

Apparently not I said that in a thread yesterday and was told that it was not only more exposed by the internet, and that the world was much more violent in the past. TBF major wars do tend to collectively make the world a more violent place but in the absence of anything close too the level of the world wars IMO the world is pretty damn hostile these days.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ElMaco
Separating them is disturbing the balance even further. We are still waiting for the chosen one who will bring harmony to the pit and ug as whole. Only then shall we rule the galaxy, together, as father and son
so am i kurt russel or david hasselhoff?
it's all coming back

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, snookums.

See what I mean about passive-aggressive cheap shots?
Quote by gerdner
See what I mean about passive-aggressive cheap shots?

stop being such a bitch
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by gerdner
Actually, it's more like passive-aggressive cheap shot artists calling any point they disagree with "asinine".
this post is either a 0 or 10 on the self-aware meta scale
it's all coming back

it feels like it to me, yes but i don't pop in that often and i usually don't check the shitpost threadswhich i assume are more banter

the political threads are pretty hostile though because on one hand there seem to be few new users who say stupid shit and also hold more rightwing views, which in turn puts the old urban liberal users out of their bubble which gets them going (often with stupid shit as well for the record)

also rapture seems extra salty lately

i've seen more hostile times though, like when blode was a regular or when ali and rapture went off at eachother in every other thread

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
it feels like it to me, yes but i don't pop in that often and i usually don't check the shitpost threadswhich i assume are more banter

the political threads are pretty hostile though because on one hand there seem to be few new users who say stupid shit and also hold more rightwing views, which in turn puts the old urban liberal users out of their bubble which gets them going (often with stupid shit as well for the record)

also rapture seems extra salty lately

i've seen more hostile times though, like when blode was a regular or when ali and rapture went off at eachother in every other thread

TBF, he is looking down the barrel of Theresa May's Internet Gestapo or whatever the fuck it is she has planned.
There are some new members who are quite offensive (I suspect they're aware of it) in most of their posts. I think they would not say the stuff they spew here if they were alone and in the same room as their target.

edit: what Deliriumbassist posted.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
No. It's just a minority of OTT tryhards that think that by overly offensive it lends credence to whatever asinine point they're trying to make.