Hello everyone, i'am new to the forum!

I have a question, since i would like to register my guitar sound on FL Studio. Meaning i created a beat in FL and would like to record the sound of my guitar over it, as if i was playing with a band, and then have the whole track registered in a file. 

The problem is that, even though I play guitar for a long time, i have no experience with effects pedals and softwares neither with recording except using my old cube's effects and the mic of my phone

I have a roland cube 15x amp, however is there a way to directly plug the guitar into computer? I saw some of the "USB for guitar" online, but not sure if they are good,  if so do you have some advices?
Also i would like to record with the Swollen Pickle Way Huge effect or at least one very similar. Since for now i only plan to record using Fl Studio should i get the pedal? Is there a way to take the effect to FL? or should i use a plugin software instead? If so which one?

Thanks
Quote by OuterSpaceBoy
Hello everyone, i'am new to the forum!

I have a question, since i would like to register my guitar sound on FL Studio. Meaning i created a beat in FL and would like to record the sound of my guitar over it, as if i was playing with a band, and then have the whole track registered in a file. 

The problem is that, even though I play guitar for a long time, i have no experience with effects pedals and softwares neither with recording except using my old cube's effects and the mic of my phone

I have a roland cube 15x amp, however is there a way to directly plug the guitar into computer? I saw some of the "USB for guitar" online, but not sure if they are good,  if so do you have some advices?
Also i would like to record with the Swollen Pickle Way Huge effect or at least one very similar. Since for now i only plan to record using Fl Studio should i get the pedal? Is there a way to take the effect to FL? or should i use a plugin software instead? If so which one?

Thanks

Hey friend. Read this thread and you will get most of your info there: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1658707

You need either a USB mic to stick in front of the amp (read the thread on why USB mics are not smart in the long run) or an Audio Interface. An Audio Interface will properly convert the analog signal from your amp into a digital signal your computer can read. You can use the recording output jack of your Cube into the AI. You may also want to mic the amp instead, using a proper analog mic like the industry standard Shure SM57.

You can run the Swollen Pickle pedal into the Cube but SS amps often do not take drive pedals very well, you will likely be better off using just the amp's natural distortion.
If you get an audio interface then you can run your guitar into your computer and use VST plugins in FL Studio.  You could get a multifx with USB audio interface and use it to record your guitar into the computer.  Another option is a mixer with USB audio interface.  Lot's of different approaches.
Thanks for the answers,
I will check audio interfaces. If i get it right i then wouldn't need any amp, just plug my guitar to computer via the audio interface and then use FL studio with plugins.