Sometimes I finish stuff!
Basically, I'm looking for any last minute critique and changes before I call it done.
I guess it kinda fits into alt-metal because It's very Fightstar/Deftones inspired and it's definitely not totally conventional because of the chugginess of the riffs and the odd time signature (15/4 - one bar of 7/4, then 2 bars of 4/4).
It's in Drop A on a 7 string, but I recorded most of it in 6 string tuning (A E A D F# B).

The drums are very straightforward and I need to work on my fills, but I think they do the job haha
I used EZDrummer2 with the Metal! ezx, but swapped out a couple of the kit pieces IIRC.

If you have any feedback, please let me know!

(also there's a LOT of ambience in the background and I think it sounds pretty cool on it's own )
https://soundcloud.com/corrosionmedia/ff-ambs/s-V43UL
I like it, the guitar tone is good and overall mixing is superb. I'm sorry that i dont have anything to add really, maybe i was hoping somekinda melody to appear on the latter part of song, but thats just my two cents

Thanks for checking out my song btw
Ah this timing is interesting, I was tapping along and it really threw me off. As you say the drumming is pretty simple, keeps it tight but for me the kick is a little too loud I think. Neat tuning, I like the chorus! The sudden chords are a nice break, the layers on the track work nicely. That sort of cool down is cool when the guitars stop and suddenly BAM there they are again! I like that building riff but I feel it wasn't loud enough. It was really sounding epic there, but it's a little off center. For the choruses that's fine, but I think it would be cool if it really burst at the end. That's a very cool bit of composition! 

This track went somewhere and that was cool, it holds the groove then does something different by the end. This makes it interesting for sure, I'm not a fan of down tuned chugging myself, but putting that aside this was cool. Neat listen! 

This is my song...it's um...less involved 
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1747174
PoptartHero Thanks for the comment! I see what you mean about the kick. I think I need to cut some mids and tweak the compression a bit to give it a bit more room. 

t0mm1_ I wanted to keep the whole composition fairly simple because I had vocals in mind and didn't want to clutter it too much. Thing is, I'm a shit lyricist and I can't sing so that didn't happen and I'm left with this.
Thanks for the mix mention! It's definitely the bit I'm proudest of. I much prefer working on production/mixing over general songwriting. I NEED TO MIX STUFF!
Ooh, rhythmic and melodic, me likes! One of the best songs I heard here in a while. Great guitar tones (and that gloorious bass, what are you using?). Mix is also neat, the kick feels a bit choked, though, and personally I would give the snare just a tiny bit more presence! Now...go find a great vocalist!

Here's my latest: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1749114
GuitarManiac110 Thanks for the feedback! I pride myself on that one particular guitar tone, so it's nice when people notice it :P

I think the issue with the kick is that the sample is already pretty squashed by default, so the compression after it takes it a bit too far and flattens out the character. I'll have to have a play with that. The snare's very cracky and clear as it is, but there's something in the mix (probably a room mic or a reverb) that's causing it to be slightly out of phase. Something like that anyway

The bass is my Dingwall NG2 running into a SansAmp RBI. The only other thing in the path is a compressor (NI Supercharger GT) on the track bus.

Thanks again!
Quote by CorrosionMedia
GuitarManiac110 Thanks for the feedback! I pride myself on that one particular guitar tone, so it's nice when people notice it :P

I think the issue with the kick is that the sample is already pretty squashed by default, so the compression after it takes it a bit too far and flattens out the character. I'll have to have a play with that. The snare's very cracky and clear as it is, but there's something in the mix (probably a room mic or a reverb) that's causing it to be slightly out of phase. Something like that anyway

The bass is my Dingwall NG2 running into a SansAmp RBI. The only other thing in the path is a compressor (NI Supercharger GT) on the track bus.

Thanks again!

Dingwall? Should've known...I really need to get one myself! And if you ever feel that EzDrummer 2 isn't cutting it anymore, you should try GGD (GetGoodDrums). The samples are almost raw, but you can get amazing results provided you know what you are doing!
GuitarManiac110 Yep! Dingwalls have such a distinctive tone and pretty much fit anything! I need another... 
I want to get GGD at some point, but I have too many EZXs and I'd feel like I was wasting them if I switched to something else
Very cool.  I like it a lot.
Agree with another comment on kind of waiting for a melody at some point, but the riff is cool, timing is awesome and you get a really cool overall feeling out of it.
Personally maybe would have put a bit of grit to the bass, but sounds great as-is.