Hey all,

So - I've owned my Gibson Flying V since 2004 and quite embarassed to say I don't know anything about it when it comes to the specs.
Self taught guitarist and never got into the technicalities back then until I picked it up again a few months ago.

Would appreciate any information you could share about it - the only thing I've done to it is change the pick ups and the knobs.
Attachments:
photo_2017-06-07_19-46-03.pdf
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 7.52.58 PM.pdf
Last edited by karlbachian at Jun 7, 2017,
Looks like the pickups have been swapped out and the knobs do not appear to be original. Looks like an ebony board or a really dark rosewood. I can't tell from your pics but is it a faded (meaning there is not a gloss finish to it)? I know a lot of the earlier faded series came with ebony boards. Great guitar BTW I am a huge fan of Flying V, probably why I bought 2 within one week. What other specs do you want to know? 
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
was it new when you bought it in 2004? looks like a nice V. back in those days the 1st and 5th number of the serial# are the last two numbers of the model year. so if it's a 2004, the first and fifth digits of the serial number should be "0" and "4".
like bob said, what do you want to know about it?
gregs1020 Yup it was brand new when I got it. Serial numbers do match. The main thing I'm interested in is the wood actually. I remember taking it a few months ago to get it cleaned up and the people at the store were quite impressed and even offered to buy it on the spot. So I was quite intrigued as to why it would gather this much attention.
They did mention something about the wood no longer being used for production and I suspect it's an ebony board.
Looks like an early 2000s Flying V to me. They came stock with 500T pickups and had ebony boards on the white ones (rosewood on the black ones and red ones). Suppposed to be a psuedo '67 style V. Pretty nice guitars.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Should be pretty basic specs.  Mahogany body, Mahogany set neck, Kluson tuners, (looks like) Ebony fretboard, MOP dot inlays.  You should know the pups (since you installed them) and the pots brand/values.  
Quote by karlbachian
gregs1020 Yup it was brand new when I got it. Serial numbers do match. The main thing I'm interested in is the wood actually. I remember taking it a few months ago to get it cleaned up and the people at the store were quite impressed and even offered to buy it on the spot. So I was quite intrigued as to why it would gather this much attention.
They did mention something about the wood no longer being used for production and I suspect it's an ebony board.

Ebony board would be my guess as to why they wanted to scoop it up. As others mentioned, the rest should be typical "V" spec's with hog' body. Killer looking guitar btw. 

Prol' fine but curious if there is any indication of case bleed into the white finish. I know they had an issue with the pink lined cases and bleed. My 13'  white finished Firebird came with a white lined case.

If you call Gibson with the serial number they can tell you all about it.