I am looking for a high gain tube amp that combines the tones and feel of a Marshall and Mesa Boogie. I need a lot of gain for metal but I still want a good clean channel and some crunch tones. I am into bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy. My budget is is up to about $800 although I can still go over some. I know it is a tall order, And thanks in advance for the help.
The first couple amps that come to mind are a Carvin V3M or a Peavey JSX, a Mesa Rectifier might also suite your needs, a used single recto or rectoverb would also probably fit in your budget.
Quote by davidmatthewbonner
I am looking for a high gain tube amp that combines the tones and feel of a Marshall and Mesa Boogie. I need a lot of gain for metal but I still want a good clean channel and some crunch tones. I am into bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy. My budget is is up to about $800 although I can still go over  some. I know it is a tall order, And thanks in advance for the help.

Used? combo? watts?  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
I've seen used Carvin V3s and Vai Legacy heads in that price range, too.

Quilter's Mach 2 head could work, as well. It's solid state, but not a modeling amp.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Badluckpalms I can take combo or head, for wattage anything good for small gigs, medium sized outdoor gigs, and band practices. I will probably buy used 
Last edited by davidmatthewbonner at Jun 7, 2017,
I bought a Mesa Roadster to cover all of my needs - 4 channels - Clean, Fat, Tweed, Brit, Raw, Vintage, and Modern modes all in 1 package.  Mix in the tube vs. solid state rectification and the lush reverb and it does just about everything - and really well.  I got mine as a 212 combo used for $1,100 a while back.  

I also like the Laney Ironheart line.  I have the IRT-Studio and the cleans are awesome and a good pedal platform.  I use the Rhythm Channel for thrash metal and then there's the Lead channel which I don't use much - it's more gain and heaviness.  It may do the job you need and they are easily within budget used.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
mesa royal Atlantic, maybe a stiletto (don't know price but aren't my favorite)

I would my self would go JSX, cheap and reliable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
JSX should do what you want.  And anything it won't do in stock form can be handled with pedals as the JSX takes pedals quite well.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
mesa royal Atlantic, maybe a stiletto (don't know price but aren't my favorite)

I would my self would go JSX, cheap and reliable.

I see RAs going for @$1K on eBay these days. Good amp.

My experience with them is limited, though- will they do Metallica & Megadeth?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I see RAs going for @$1K on eBay these days.  Good amp.

not totally sure to be honest... lol. era makes a big difference both bands spot a 25+ year career spanning a dozen + albums and tones. i went for more of the brootz type of stuff on the RA on the few occasions i have played one.

JSX will do pretty much any rock or metal (to an extent) i have mine that gets more use than my mesas and oranges combined. it does everything surprising well. i think i paid $350ish for mine with a footswtitch new tubes in box and a cover. hard to beat (but may be hard to find as time goes by).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My vote goes to the Ampeg VL-1002, VH140, or VL501 that can all be picked up below budget on Reverb.  Is it gonna be perfect for everything you want?  Nope.  Is it gonna be badass?  Yup.  When you get over trying to sound exactly like the record you're listening to you'll thank me  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Badluckpalms I'm not trying to get a record like sound I'm just wanting something to get me in boogish and marshallish territories.

I know that.  I was being a smart ass.  

Check out the ampegs on youtube.  They are super rad amps.  Some reviews say it's not versatile.  My experience says otherwise.  Take it with a grain of salt.

That said I'll plug an Orange TH30TC.  I had one.  Can do your creamy clean tones, jangle pop cleans, really nice crunch for rock and punk type things, high-ish gain tones more akin to playing some Sabbath than Master of Puppets.  30W perfect for practice and small clubs, and honestly still really loud.  Didn't take Digital FX very well, bu then again they suck most of the time anyways.

Also recommend checking it out online and if possible playing one at a shop.  you can get them used in your range for sure.  
-Matt Fucking Pike
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I've seen used Carvin V3s and Vai Legacy heads in that price range, too.

As it so happens...
https://reverb.com/item/5575647-carvin-v3-tube-amplifier-guitar-head

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I see RAs going for @$1K on eBay these days.  Good amp.

Heck yeah the RA will do Metallica and Megadeth.  That's kind of the type of stuff I played when I spent some time with one and I remember thinking it was an absolutely crushing tone for thrash.  And of course it'll do more brutal stuff as well -- and lighter stuff on top of that.  I think a used RA right now is the deal of the century.  Wish I had some cash right now to pick one up.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM100CRP-Palamino-100-watt-tube-Modular-Head-cream-tolex-w-3-modules-/182015391440?hash=item2a60f676d0:g:xeYAAOSwX~dWtj76
It has a Blackface module and the two Kirk Hammet modules.
Randall don't make them any more but there are some killer module builders still kicking around
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Mesa Boogie Mark V 25 - May be a little over your range at $950 (and you need a cab), but this would be a great fit for what you described. 

1) great cleans
2) great crunch channel (For your Marshall tones)
3) great hi-gain options with the IIC+, IV and extreme modes

This is a phenomenal amp that may take a bit to dial-in, but once you get the hang of it, it is perfect. You can gig with it and it sounds great with 1x12 or 2x12. 

https://reverb.com/item/5637120-mesa-boogie-mark-v-25-head-purchased-2015-black
Last edited by MAChiefs at Jun 14, 2017,
I don't think there is a Boogie and Marshall sound in one amp, it is usually one or the other. Wampler Triple Wreck pedal is a good approximation of a Mesa Rectifier so if you were to feed that thru a Marshall DSL you should be able to get both in one.

Or the other way around - get a Mesa Rectifier and pump the clean channel with a Tech21 GT-2 or similar.

There is actually a Randall - the MTS series that is modular and you could possibly find modules for each kind of sound.
For visual purposes only, here's teh combo:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/randall-mts-series-rm50crp-50w-tube-guitar-combo-amp-without-preamp-module

Cathbard might be able to help more with this.
You just perfectly described a mesa tc-50, although it's above your price range.  either wait to save up and buy a used tc-50 or take a look at evh heads.
Also suggested, as a recent find, check out the mesa F series, just do it. I think you'll like it.
I am looking for a high gain tube amp that combines the tones and feel of a Marshall and Mesa Boogie.
I need a lot of gain for metal but I still want a good clean channel and some crunch tones. I am into bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, and Ozzy. My budget is is up to about $800 although I can still go over some. I know it is a tall order, And thanks in advance for the help.

Royal Atlantic 100! Here's a 212 combo (Vintage 30s) for $1000: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Mesa-Boogie/Royal-Atlantic-RA100-2X12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-112941075.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP

Hotrodded Marshall with MB Rectifier tones and takes either EL34s or 6L6s.