Thread theme:

So I was watching this show on Nat Geo called Year Million. It wasn't a necessarily good show, per se [as the ability of homo sapiens to predict (factoring in the exponential evolution of technology) 999,9997.something years as to what is and never should be]. But anyway, they have this part where people 'upload' into a metaverse, which in psuedo-humanistic properties promises an ability to 'open doors without touching them', or what have you.

There's this awful concept that deserves a trigger-warning more than the word's lost, implicit meaning. I almost feel it's wrong mentioning it, but if you're interested in losing sleep, qwant.com has this awful concept called: Roko's Basilisk.

It truly makes me think about ever jumping into a 'Singularity' idea that futurists have for welcoming "The Matrix" with open arms.

What are your thoughts on the futur

The end is far, far away... Death is your passport to the singularity, because eventually your entire genetic code will be in a super-massive algorithm that can/will recreate experiences on a whim, and you will have no memory of the thousands/millions of years of your oblivion till the program recreates you again.

There are no accidents. We have had this discussion trillions upon trillions of times with no memory of the last cycle, and we will continue to repeat everything, with all possible permutations. It will never end.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jun 7, 2017,
There is life after death. All religions are proto-poetry of this motif, yet the idea of life after death has nothing to do with religion at all; it has everything to do with information technology and the flow of data. Again, you will have no memory of your oblivion, so the moment you lose your consciousness in this "life", your mind will seamlessly continue after the singularity has decided to wake you again, for whatever motive that may be.

Last edited by Zaphikh at Jun 7, 2017,
Quote by Zaphikh
There is life after death. All religions are proto-poetry of this motif, yet the idea of life after death has nothing to do with religion at all; it has everything to do with information technology and the flow of data. Again, you will have no memory of your oblivion, so the moment you lose your consciousness in this "life", your mind will seamlessly continue after the singularity has decided to wake you again, for whatever motive that may be.

The simulation theory makes sense when factoring in the statistical probability that we are in "base-universe" (s/o to @ErikLensherr (damn man, where'd you go, hope you're aight), but Mirror's Edge's Christmas Special gives us an idea that we can make that too far. I don't think we should naturally trust it, and this is coming from someone that believes automated driving will be safer. But there's also this idea of (that must be preserved): regeneration and degeneration. There is no all-knowing at the human-level besides the kind that God and the unconscious can cryptically hint at in dream, or whatever. Humans were wondering if humans cloning a lamb with spider to mass-produce silk (strongest fiber you'll find in nature), but humans get carried away at times:

[url="(Invalid video video code)]
Last edited by Fat Lard at Jun 7, 2017,
Just because it's so fitting:

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

you can tell this song sucks because fat lard hasn't deleted the thread yet (ugk, 2017)

You know it's a lard thread when you have no idea what's going on (this time it's in the thread title too!)

yet, I welcome these threads
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I just want an AI that's rendered in 3D or an android so I can verbally abuse it all day and it'll just smile.

A one up to yelling obscenities at cats. 

I don't feel like uploading or syncing up with anything, unless I can put myself into a robot.  
Then I'll have a best friend robot buddy, until whoever cracks from the paranoia that one will murder the other and we murder each other. 
Last edited by stratkat at Jun 8, 2017,