Page 1 of 2
in elementary school i really wanted to play basketball. despite my non-athleticism, i tried out for the basketball team in elementary (primary?) school around 3rd-4th grade. you had to dribble past the janitor which was not hard, but also had to make the ball in the goal. i did not make the ball in the goal. i did not make the team.

methinks that if i made the team my life would have taken a drastically different direction. i would have never taken up music as i started guitar a short time afterwards and i probably would have done sports for my whole life. a significant reason why i stayed into church and have the position i do now and have the goals i do was because i was invited to play on the music team a long while back. that would have never happened if i had taken sports up.

now i play volleyball with friends once and a while and that's enough.

wbu.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 8, 2017,
the day I sold my soul to ultimate-guitar.com
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Around 2010, my life hit a turning point and has been spiraling out of control ever since.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Moving from UK to France at 13. My dad returning to being an alcoholic after many years of sobriety. Moving back to the UK. 
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
been fucked up ever since 2011. can't really go into why, but my perception of money is always gonna be thrown off. 
Quote by ImNeverSalty
been fucked up ever since 2011. can't really go into why, but my perception of money is always gonna be thrown off. 

True, true. I can't speak for your subjective fucked-upness, but I understand the accounting thing you implied
I actually think I'm currently at the biggest turning point of my life so far. Things are actually working out in my favor, to the point where I can take care of a lot of things that have been weighing me down heavily for years. Nothing in particular prompted it, just sheer luck at a time when I really, really needed it.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I actually think I'm currently at the biggest turning point of my life so far. Things are actually working out in my favor, to the point where I can take care of a lot of things that have been weighing me down heavily for years. Nothing in particular prompted it, just sheer luck at a time when I really, really needed it.

Oof, you done jinxed it, m'boy!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Oof, you done jinxed it, m'boy!

It was probably all rigged from the beginning anyway
Quote by Fat Lard
Potatos are literally the super-food when it comes to cost effectiveness.

It's good to know I'm not the only person who realizes this. People think I'm crazy because they are mostly all I eat but I can't really blame myself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They really are the most healthy go-to foods, which is why humans have learned to prepare them in so many ways (sometimes unhealthy ways though lol)

Just gotta go for gold, and try to be content regardless lol
I stopped keeping track a while ago. Like I can point to key events in my life but to me it's just one long meandering walk forward. The big events have been set up by a series of interrelated smaller events, after all.

I'm sure that some things would be better or worse depending on a few core things but I've no way of really telling so
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
If I had gotten one more point on my math exam in high school, I'd have gone to a different university (one of the top 10 worldwide), lived in a different city, had a completely different group of friends and probably better employment prospects.
There have been a lot of pivotal points in my life, but that one seems like the biggest effect from the smallest cause.
In 2009 I heard AC/DC for the first time, discovered everything they did, they became the first band I actively listened to and had an interest in. Then my love for music just grew from there, I don't know what id be with music in my life now
Quote by ImNeverSalty
stratkat R.I.P. Liver 

It's not in any danger, I've had a few doctors give me tests over concern for my drinking.
I keep thiamine/ vit b1 (and folic acid) around to protect my brain somewhat.  
I broke up with my Wife last year and that's resulted in a huge change in my life. Over the course of the last year I've started a band, built a guitar rig, recorded an EP at a renowned studio, got in shape, changed my wardrobe/style, got a better job and got in shape. 0

Sure it's taken me a year to pull all these disparate threads together but I feel great now and sometimes you need drastic change to promote positive alterations, especially if the life you're leading is poison. 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
Have to say finally getting a diagnosis of bipolar disorder was a big one. Took a few years to get the meds sorted out, but I feel a helluva lot better.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by Will Lane
but also had to make the ball in the goal. i did not make the ball in the goal. i did not make the team.

No surprise there, since you were apparently playing the wrong sport.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Jun 8, 2017,
I don't think I can identify any particular turning points. My life is basically a vast collection of minor swivels.
Honestly, playing bass.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
moving to minnesota at 12 was pretty big. moving to london at 15 was pretty big. did a two year church mission which i would never do again but definitely shaped a lot of who i am now. ultimately tried to to take a hard right turn out of life and just ended up crashing in a metaphorical ditch and i'm still trying to find my way back to the road
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Probably when my dad was incinerated in front of me after I just found out he was my real dad and how he was secretly involved with Anaheim Electronics to help develop prototype mobile suits with special modifications for the Vist Foundation that are key to unlocking a big secret that could change everything in the universe.

Also half my class died in front of my eyes so that was rough.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Probably when my dad was incinerated in front of me after I just found out he was my real dad and how he was secretly involved with Anaheim Electronics to help develop prototype mobile suits with special modifications for the Vist Foundation that are key to unlocking a big secret that could change everything in the universe.

Also half my class died in front of my eyes so that was rough.

Weeb
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Weeb

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
TBH when I started posting in the U.G. Pit it's all been down hill ever since!  
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Will Lane
in elementary school i really wanted to play basketball. despite my non-athleticism, i tried out for the basketball team in elementary (primary?) school around 3rd-4th grade. you had to dribble past the janitor which was not hard, but also had to make the ball in the goal. i did not make the ball in the goal. i did not make the team.

methinks that if i made the team my life would have taken a drastically different direction. i would have never taken up music as i started guitar a short time afterwards and i probably would have done sports for my whole life. a significant reason why i stayed into church and have the position i do now and have the goals i do was because i was invited to play on the music team a long while back. that would have never happened if i had taken sports up.

now i play volleyball with friends once and a while and that's enough.

wbu.

It's not called a goal, you were doomed from the start.

My turning was after I got back to the US, having previously attended International schools where people were rational and not very aggressive, I went to my first American school.
I got bullied quite a bit there at first, then one day I walked into my class and a guy in the front said something disrespectful to me, now what really pissed me off here was that he was not bigger or stronger than me, he had just decided since he had seen others bullying me he could too.

I wasn't having it, I punched him in the face right in front of the entire class and the teacher, to my surprise he started crying.
I actually felt kind of bad for him.

No one bullied me after that.

I learned that sometimes, not only is violence good, but necessary.
Last edited by 33db at Jun 8, 2017,
Quote by Will Lane
well i kept trying to kick the ball but they wouldn't let me so i had to do something  

You should have gone out for soccer, think of how much better your life would be now if you had.
My brother messaging me at 8am once day and saying 'do you want a job' after about five years of depression and being nocturnal and not leaving my house, that was pretty cool
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I raced motocross when I was younger.
Fucked up my left leg in 1981 and could no longer race.
Took up guitar just so I would have something to do.
Learning Guitar, and getting my first computer several years after that.  Paved the way for my adulthood, now I work in I.T. and can afford the guitar "hobby" though I treat it almost as seriously as a career.

I'm just hoping this fucking De Quarveins Tenosynovitus in my thumb is not a turning point, I'm getting rather ragey this week being forced to rest it and not play guitar so much.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Page 1 of 2