Hey there, first time poster.

I just received my Gibson Les Paul 2017 tribute in the mail (from Amazon). The rosewood fretboard appears to be coming away from the neck up near the head of the guitar. I know the tribute is supposed to look well loved... just not sure if this is normal.

Is it easy to repair? Is it common? Should I return it? (See Link)

http://imgur.com/a/2TBH6

Thanks
Last edited by dion9 at Jun 8, 2017,
I'd return that 100%.  Fretboard separation is not normal.  Don't do anything to void your ability to return it and return it ASAP!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Send that back. That's not right, even on a 100 dollar guitar.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Brand new? Send it back...that's what warranties and return periods are for.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Yeah thanks guys, I am sending it back. Just hope the next one comes in better shape.
Unfortunately, things do happen. If you haven't, it might be worthwhile to take pictures of the damage before repackaging it just in case you'd need them.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Send it back no need to accept something like that from a cheap guitar and especially not from Gibson.

Edit: WOW I just looked at the picture and unless it was damaged in transit shame on Gibson   
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 8, 2017,
Gibsons are pretty fragile in transit, and that's very likely due to some shipper dropping the guitar package on its headstock. If it's not packed carefully INSIDE the case as well as out, this is what happens. Back it goes, definitely.
I agree with above it looks like something damaged in shipping. I don't think something that obvious left the Gibson factory that way. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.