Hello Gents and Lads

In a few days my first Tele will arrive, im generaly excited about it but need help. Im playing Superstrats mainly 7 string and using 10-46/48 for E and 60 at low B. Never had telecaster, what string gauge will make tele sound best? I am thinking of 9,5-44 or 10-46 or 11-50 or 11-52 ? I want that twang on it, can't wait to hear it. Guitar is Squier By Fender Telecaster in Scotch Blonde .
In my experience, players I know who gig with multiple guitars tend to run slinkier strings on a Tele. This is especially true if the Tele has a vintage style neck. A Fender style neck is going to have a little more string tension and "snap" in the tone because of the slightly longer scale length. Slinkier strings help make bends, and especially the twangy country mutli-string bends that are associated with it, a lot easier.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by RoCks256
Hello Gents and Lads

In a few days my first Tele will arrive, im generaly excited about it but need help. Im playing Superstrats mainly 7 string and using 10-46/48 for E and 60 at low B. Never had telecaster, what string gauge will make tele sound best? I am thinking of 9,5-44 or 10-46 or 11-50 or 11-52 ? I want that twang on it, can't wait to hear it. Guitar is Squier By Fender Telecaster in Scotch Blonde .

iirc, Fender / Squier ships with 9-42 so you might play it with those for a bit and see what direction you want to go from there.
Yeah i just have recived tele today ,string are about fine but need to change o daddarios cause quality. 9,5 all the way.