There's a lot of win in this lineup for 2017. http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/2017

I hope to see something other than C-1's in stores soon. Nothing against the C-1 guitars, but they are literally the only thing I ever see near me in Chicago-land.

Have a Schecter and love it? Post a pic!

Would love one of these!

Post your favorite "loved" Schecter!

This thread was inspired by the global love of Schecter Guitars!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I am terrible at posting pics but I will say I generally do not like Schecter guitars, maybe it is because of the abalone overkill years, but the banshee that I have now is top notch. Great neck and feel. I like it so much I bought it again after I traded my other banshee 7. 
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Everyone hates schecter havent you been paying attention

Some of the new guitars look cool it's just,a shame that they are all ripped off from other companies popular designs. They should bring back the Pete Townsend sig.
Quote by monwobobbo
Everyone hates schecter havent you been paying attention

Some of the new guitars look cool it's just,a shame that they are all ripped off from other companies popular designs. They should bring back the Pete Townsend sig.

Since Schecter was originally known to improve/customize popular guitars it's no surprise. At least they are still different enough to be their own thing and they are tastefully done.  They have a nice new PT for 2017 (link for specs) http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/2017/pt-special-3-tone-sunburst-pearl-detail Also available in black pearl.

This is what I have my sights on next, I just can't decide if I want to get a new amp 1st.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jun 9, 2017,
So far, I've never played a bad Schecter.

Would like to check out the E1 and V1.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I wouldn't mind a Schecter PT if I'm honest. Always liked how they looked:

Now I just gotta get an older one with the classic headstock.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Always wanted one. Still do.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Also, my Schecter's are relevant to this thread.
http://imgur.com/l0ZIETA
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Last edited by bjgrifter at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Since Schecter was originally known to improve/customize popular guitars it's no surprise. At least they are still different enough to be their own thing and they are tastefully done.  They have a nice new PT for 2017 (link for specs) http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/2017/pt-special-3-tone-sunburst-pearl-detail Also available in black pearl.

This is what I have my sights on next, I just can't decide if I want to get a new amp 1st.

while that guitar is certainly interesting i'm talking about the late 70s early 80s version.  yeah i know that they originally were like ESP and made custom version s of the classics (so did Ibanez) but they have their own models now so doing that seems like a step back in some ways. i do like the explorer style guitar though. 
Quote by Ippon
I know Danny and Min hate/dislike the Schecters I have.

Are they pointy? Do the points have extra points? And more points?

Are we talking fractally pointy?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Are they pointy? Do the points have extra points? And more points?

Are we talking fractally pointy?

I know you don't like this:

Min doesn't like HellRaisers:

Then there are these:

Here's my Schecter Damien Special FR.  Had it around 8 years and still a great solid/playing guitar and the licensed Floyd is still solid as a rock.  Took out the stock EMG Hz's and installed a set of GFS VEH's and installed some pearl top knobs.  Bought this in my 30's for '70s and '80s Rock,Hard Rock, Metal & Hair Metal (what,what,whaat!). Looks much lighter than it really is in this pic.  

Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jun 9, 2017,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I would really like one of the Sustainiac ones of those; as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm hoping to try one soon.

As I also mentioned in the other thread, there is a very real chance of me getting this next year if I'm not seduced by a Tokai or something:

The bridge would have to go, though.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Ippon
Ah yeah, the "reverse mockingbird" is a known no-no for me.

That trans-blue with the grain, though, is quite sexy.

I like the Ocean Blue Burst on this C-1 :. Might be cool to have it on an Avenger if they'd come out with one like it. I've seen custom prices, and don't think I'd go for that at this point.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by K33nbl4d3

The bridge would have to go, though.

One sexy Tele-clone.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by monwobobbo
Some of the new guitars look cool it's just,a shame that they are all ripped off from other companies popular designs.

Nobody should be surprised at this. That's been ESP's entire business model since their inception, and guess which guitar company the chairman of ESP also owns.

I like the explorer copy, but I just wish the chairman branded it as LTD instead of Schecter. I'd rather not share my guitar's name with a bunch of salty 15 y.o A7X fanboys.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend

I still want it.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal

So what is this and why in this love for Schecter thread? 

In another Schecter thread here on UG my response was back in the late '70s and '80s Schecter was something of high caliber parts then guitars! That is where I would look based on the partscaster I have had since 1995.

Back in 2014 I upgraded the guitar for the 3rd time total and for the first time had a look of all the parts. When it came to the body I found it as you see with no stampings or marks but I was told it was a Schecter ash body. The bridge is also Schecter with Fender gold saddles and brass tremolo block!

Recently a guy on the strat-talk forum send me a message that he had a Schecter body to identify and asked about mine to Tom Anderson who worked for Schecter and the date is among fall 1977!  Back when they were mostly all in high quality parts rather than finished guitars.

This guitar has always sounded awesome through anything new and old. The Schecter parts surely has something to do with that and the rest are US Fender including EC neck and 69 pickups installed new in 1998.  
Last edited by anders.jorgense at Jun 10, 2017,
that is one great looking body for sure.

2011 Schecter C-1 Custom

One of those guitars I regret letting go. Was a really good guitar and was able to cover all bases.

Anyway, right now one thing that I fancy is a KM-6

If I get my hands on one, I think I would change the pickups to double creams, whites or zebras as I think those would look better with the guitar.

But it also looks great stock

Guitars:
'06 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser : [EMG 81-7 + 707]
'09 ESP USA Eclipse-II FR : [EMG 81 + 60]
'15 Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty : [Illuminator + Illuminator + Piezo]
Amps/FX:
Blackstar HT Metal 60C : [WGS Reaper + Retro 30]
Blackstar Fly 3
Zoom G5
Lumban

Personal taste, but I have an all maple guitar with black hardware & pickups that is essentially the same visual aesthetic: going cream or zebra* would not improve it any.

* Full disclosure: generally not a fan of zebra pickups anyway

Here's my A-7 Schecter . It's a black jack series model. I got it used in like new condition for $300 , new they retail for around $800-900. I think the reason I got it so cheap is because every one thinks its hideous lol. It's a cool guitar though, it's mahogany but really light weight, thin neck and comfortable. Its a pretty versatile guitar, if you swap the stock pickups, which I did, it had a Nazgul and Sentient set, I took them out for some Dimarzios.
Last edited by jedigovnaUG at Jun 11, 2017,
I don't have any good pictures handy right now (I'll try to remember to add some), but I do have two Schecters I like a whole lot: One is a '99 C-7 in that trans blue finish that @Ippon posted, but the previous owner changed the hardware to gold and when it came to me last year I swapped in some Duncan Black Winters. The bolt-on satin finish neck feels a lot faster in my hand than the higher-end glossy models I had for a while when I was one of the young A7X fans that Schecter markets to, and those pickups have such a nasty midrange, they're fantastic. 

The other is a C-1 Blackjack from '05 that I got way back in '08, it was one of the first guitars I bought. Back then the Blackjacks had creme binding, JB/59 sets, and plain dot inlays; it used to be my main metal guitar but as I played less and less metal it gradually transitioned to my ambient noisemaker. I swapped the black hardware for chrome, covered the pickups, and I have it strung with some heavy flatwounds, and it's completely covered in rosin from me playing with a cello bow. Love that guitar, I'll never get rid of it.
Quote by gregs1020
There's a lot of win in this lineup for 2017. http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/2017

I hope to see something other than C-1's in stores soon. Nothing against the C-1 guitars, but they are literally the only thing I ever see near me in Chicago-land.

Have a Schecter and love it? Post a pic!

Would love one of these!

Post your favorite "loved" Schecter!

This thread was inspired by the global love of Schecter Guitars!

FTFY

LysanderSpoon, I picked that up for $70, same price as the Revenger that Danny doesn't like.

I just noticed that all my Schecters are 7 strings.
Quote by Ippon

LysanderSpoon, I picked that up for $70, same price as the Revenger that Danny doesn't like.

I just noticed that all my Schecters are 7 strings.

NICE. I paid a good bit more, about $250, but they'd installed some D Activators that I was able to sell so it ended up about in that neighborhood too. It really is a gorgeous finish, the trans blue with the natural-wood binding, MILES ahead of their slightly later ALL THE ABALONE ALL THE TIME aesthetic.
Ippon I prefer the dots .
Quote by gregs1020
Ippon I prefer the dots .

Me too but, a pickguard?

'84 style or get out.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by jedigovnaUG
Here's my A-7 Schecter . It's a black jack series model. I got it used in like new condition for $300 , new they retail for around $800-900. I think the reason I got it so cheap is because every one thinks its hideous lol. It's a cool guitar though, it's mahogany but really light weight, thin neck and comfortable. Its a pretty versatile guitar, if you swap the stock pickups, which I did, it had a Nazgul and Sentient set, I took them out for some Dimarzios.

That looks pretty sexy in the gloss black. It is fugly, but after playing one, it's comfort level is right up there with the Mockingbird.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

bjgrifter "fugly" . Which model did you play? a-6?. There's so many different versions. This one is from 2014 , I never played a mockingbird, don't know how they compare.
Avenger Custom. I see why some people don't like it, but it felt good to play. To me, that's the most important aspect of a guitar. Aesthetics are nice, but if it doesn't feel good, who cares? 
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Quote by Ippon
True, but it only has 6 strings.

thank goodness!