New to this forum so hullo!

Currently selling my Yamaha SG2000S which I've owned since new, but is too heavy for me now (I ain't young)

Someone is interested and I was just checking it's operation through my Fender Super Reverb ReIssue.  I had forgotten what a fantastic and strong tone the Yamaha has (it has spilt coils as standard).  I have a PRS SE Tremonti as my main guitar these days and I had a pair of Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded pickups installed, mainly to get the spli coil function.  The Yahama blows my PRS out of the water in terms of output (not that important I guess) and tone (very important).

Can anyone recommend pickups that I can put in my PRS that have a split coil function but have a powerful and clear output like the pickups in the Yamaha?

I currently playing rock but also get called to do all sorts of genres from time to time.

Thanks
It sounds like you want medium-high output, classically-voiced humbuckers, right? What's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks Danny - I also need split coil function.  Haven't set a budget yet, but I have contacted Bare Knuckle Pickups who are a boutique pickup manufacturer (I'm sure you would know of them) to see if they have any suggestions and I know they won't be cheap!  But I think I would be going to extremes to get one of theirs because of their cost, so any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Because of the post-Brexit declining £, Bareknuckles- and fellow UK winders The Creamery- are cheaper right now than in recent memory. Both companies would have been on my short-list anyway. I have pickups from both companies; they don't disappoint.

Rio Grande and Vintage Vibe would be 2 American custom winders to check out.

Other boutique makers I'd recommend for splittable HBs? Lollar. Lace.

Nifty thing about some of the RG designs: they're actually paired singlecoil-sized pickups in a humbucker housing. So the Tallboy sounds like one of RG's classic singlecoils when split, and the Dirty Harry/Dirty Harry, Jr. HBs sound like their singlecoil-sized P90s.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Hey Danny thanks so much for a great response - very informative and I'll check out those manufacturers you've mentioned.  I do have a Tele that I put Joe Bardens in that I use for slide, but that's kinda' a different beast altogether.  Interesting comment about the Brexit.  The world is changing in every way and I am a bit concerned where it's all going.  I do lament growing old (!) but I wouldn't like to be a young person in this day and age.

Keep well and play heaps!

I'm hitting 50 myself this year, and hoping it doesn't hit back.

But even with all the negative stuff out there, I'm not to worried about the youngsters- there's a lot of cool stuff on the horizon.

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I'm hitting 50 myself this year, and hoping it doesn't hit back.

But even with all the negative stuff out there, I'm not to worried about the youngsters- there's a lot of cool stuff on the horizon.

One foot in the grave the other on a banana peel.

Solid suggestions though.
Mate in  my humble opinion (and my experience) the 50's are the best years of your life.  Go for it, chase your dreams, enjoy every day and ROCK OUT

Good Luck and Best Wishes from the land of the Oz
I would seriously suggest contacting The Creamery.
Quote by vkinetic
Mate in  my humble opinion (and my experience) the 50's are the best years of your life.  Go for it, chase your dreams, enjoy every day and ROCK OUT

Good Luck and Best Wishes from the land of the Oz

Good for you.

You're obviously well-meaning. But if we're on the topic of the 50's being the best years of your life, sorry to be a buzzkill but when my father was in his early 50's, he suddenly had a stroke that nearly killed him. The stroke forced him to close down his business that he put blood, sweat and tears into for over 25 years, as he was no longer physically or mentally capable of sustaining it. He was forced to retire and he has been miserable ever since that day.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thanks T00DEEPBLUE I will contact The Creamery as well.  I'm sorry that your dad had such a bad time in his 50's.  I guess we're all on our own journey and have our own experiences of course.