lungfruit,
Initially, I was afraid to touch this one with a 10 foot long pole. Then I put on my rubber gloves, and hoped for the best. Did I mention I wrapped myself entirely in plastic wrap first? Pretty dang funny! The vocal style works for this comedy song. Glad the harmonica is not ear-piercing this time. Not for young kids, or those easily offended, but well done considering the topic. Maybe you can give Weird Al a run for his money. Don't know what else to say. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1748326
Quote by aaron aardvark
lungfruit,
Initially, I was afraid to touch this one with a 10 foot long pole. Then I put on my rubber gloves, and hoped for the best. Did I mention I wrapped myself entirely in plastic wrap first? Pretty dang funny! The vocal style works for this comedy song. Glad the harmonica is not ear-piercing this time. Not for young kids, or those easily offended, but well done considering the topic. Maybe you can give Weird Al a run for his money. Don't know what else to say. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1748326

Aaron,
Thanks for putting on your haz-mat suit and giving it a whirl. It was a fun song to do. I had to do a few vocal takes because I'd just start laughing.
Hey thanks for checking out my song.  Wow, I don't really know what to say lol.  I'll be honest that this kind of music really isn't necessarily my cup of tea but with that said it was quite funny.  The vocals and everything fit the song style well. Good job.
Quote by robobond
Hey thanks for checking out my song.  Wow, I don't really know what to say lol.  I'll be honest that this kind of music really isn't necessarily my cup of tea but with that said it was quite funny.  The vocals and everything fit the song style well. Good job.

Thanks for being adventurous and giving it a listen.
Heyo Lungfruit! Sorry for the delay in response C4C!

Gonna crit as I go!

Also, loling as it's playing. Definitely on the raunchy side of things lol.
Don't let your parents hear it, or your girlfriend. Lol. The mix is decent, and aside from a few flat parts in the vocals, I can't see much wrong with it. Though I had no idea Oprah had given it a try. Great idea for lyrical content though. I'm not much for overly raunchy lyrics, but considering how incredibly taboo it is within society, and how few people talk about it, I think putting a humorous spin on it is a good thing. People need to get over their over sensitivity towards everything. Keep doing what you're doing, and keep the spirit of humor alive!

Hey thanks for the words man! So yours... haha. I dig it, do you do mostly do comedy songs? I like the vocal style you have, I'm thinking Dinosaur Jr. / Daniel Johnston. It sounds 90's though. It's a funny tune, but If I'm giving crit I'd say you could shorten it down, feels repetitive in parts.
Quote by SweetenerCorp
Hey thanks for the words man! So yours... haha. I dig it, do you do mostly do comedy songs? I like the vocal style you have, I'm thinking Dinosaur Jr. / Daniel Johnston. It sounds 90's though. It's a funny tune, but If I'm giving crit I'd say you could shorten it down, feels repetitive in parts.

I like to do some light hearted stuff when the mood strikes. Mostly I do "real" songs.  If you are so inclined.  This is one of the ones I'm most proud of
https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Thanks for listening! @sweetenerCorp
Last edited by lungfruit at Jul 2, 2017,