I've been looking for a second guitar for about 2 weeks now, and I really need some advice. I need an H-S-S strat (or any other shape) that would have a tremolo and stay in tune well, for a price from $500 to $1000.

What I found so far: 
Cort G250/G250DX/G260
Sterling SUB Silo3
Sterling JP60/JP100 (I know that's now HSS, but it seems like a really nice guitar for the money)
Godin Session/Session Ltd
Godin SD 22
Ibanez SA160/SA260/SA1060/any other SA model with HSS pickup configuration

Which one of these is better, and why?
some MIJ jackson DK2's came HSS IIRC.

do you want/need a full floating bridge?
used OK?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Godins would be my pick of that list. Personally, I want an SD because they're a pretty unusual combination of features. But in all probability, a Session would be a better buy in your situation. The SD, while good, was discontinued a while ago, while the Sessions are still in production. And that means you're more likely to find a used one in good condition.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Something else to look for would be a member of the Parker product line. Most of them are out of your budget (even used) and are HH to boot.

But HSS Parkers in your budget do exist. I just got notice that an eBay listing I had been watching for a NiteFly for $700 just ended. AFAIK, it didn't actually sell, so it may get relisted. And one thing about Parkers that many forget is that many models also have a piezo system built in, adding to their versatility.

Another uncommon option would be a Fernandes Classic Revolver.
https://reverb.com/item/1636076-nos-fernandes-revolver-classic-sustainer-made-in-japan-custom-shop-a-lot-of-different-colors

Or Fernandes' Retrorocket (Deluxe, I think) with Sustainer.
https://reverb.com/item/1395574-nos-fernandes-retrorocket-guitar-with-sustainer-last-one
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Carvin Bolt guitars sometimes pop up in your budget...or below:
https://reverb.com/item/5219467-carvin-bolt-natural-satin

You're looking at made in the USA quality for MiM prices.

dannyalcatraz Both the Carvin Bolt and the Fernandez (I LOVE SUSTAINERS) seem very nice, but I usually lay my pinky on the bridge pup as I play, so the knobs might be an issue. I heard that Parkers are really good, but it's probably a bit too weird for me. I'll look more into those, thanks a lot!
Happy hunting, and post pix if/when you score!

dannyalcatraz As promised - posting pics. Got a Godin Session blackburst, almost new for 450 CAD. It even had the case, and an extra spring with Allen keys. 
P.S. Dunno the price for the dog, he's probably quite expensive.
He's probably wondering where his drum kit is.

mihannov1

congrats! looks to be a pretty guitar!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dannyalcatraz
He's probably wondering where his drum kit is.

He has that "what you really needed was a new amp" look on his face.

OP congrats that is a good looking guitar.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 20, 2017,