So I posted a little while back how I bought a Bugera Trirec, and only a short while later it's acting up. A couple of people told me to stay away, I guess they'll tell me "told ya" now.

The problem is with the valves & diodes switch on the back of the amp. 2 of the 3 modes don't work. There's silicone diodes, valves, and valves and diodes. The only setting that works is silicone diodes. Which is weird, because when it's set on that mode the whole amp functions perfectly, but the other modes don't make any sound at all, the standby light turns off. Switch it back to silicone diodes, and the light turns back on and the amp works.

I'm going to have to wait until Monday to call Bugera, I wonder how long those 2 modes weren't working, I hadn't used them pretty much since I got the amp.

Not gonna lie. I'm laughing.
But it sounds like your valve rectifier isn't working. I'd just change that tube first. That happens and it's not actually bugera's fault.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
If you bought the amp new under warranty, let Bugera deal with it. Either get your money back or get a new model. Changing tubes will likely void the warranty. It does sound like the rectifier is busted, though. Does it light up even?

Part of Bugera's bad rep is just because they move so much product compared to some brands that more issue reports arise from them. Another part of it is that they are genuinely unreliable.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Not gonna lie. I'm laughing.
But it sounds like your valve rectifier isn't working. I'd just change that tube first. That happens and it's not actually bugera's fault.

Hey bra, I didn't have to post this up. Lol. I'm not afraid to admit when i'm wrong. So why wouldn't it be Bugeras fault , maybe it shipped with shite tubes. Think it's a rectifier tube?

I don't have any spare tubes so we will see in the next few days. I'll call em Monday
Quote by Will Lane
If you bought the amp new under warranty, let Bugera deal with it. Either get your money back or get a new model. Changing tubes will likely void the warranty. It does sound like the rectifier is busted, though. Does it light up even?

Part of Bugera's bad rep is just because they move so much product compared to some brands that more issue reports arise from them. Another part of it is that they are genuinely unreliable.

Changing tubes doesn't void the warranty, it's under a 3 year warranty so i'll call em Monday to see what I can do.  I'll check in a little while to see if the rectifier tubes are fucked up.

I gave em a chance, I might consider just buying a Mesa Boogie after this lol. Freakin Bugera... those cunts
Tubes go bad. I've had plenty of used amps that arrived with dodgy tubes.

ITs just as likely the Mesa ships with a dodgy tube.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Tubes go bad. I've had plenty of used amps that arrived with dodgy tubes.

ITs just as likely the Mesa ships with a dodgy tube.

Alright, well I call em Monday. They are closed on the weekends. 
It's amazing that the older Bugeras I got when they were closed out at $200 are still working.

The 6262 and 6260 have been on loan to gigging friends and all they've gotten are better power tubes. They're like 5 or so years old?
Ippon

Not sure what's up with the amp . I got it refurbished though , so if it had problems before maybe they're back now . I'm impatient to wait until Monday and then possibly not have an amp for a little while if it's something more serious . If it's just a bad tube then I'll just buy a set.

Do you know if I can use 5ar4 tubes instead of 5u4?
Last edited by jedigovnaUG at Jun 11, 2017,
Have you tried reseating the rectifier tubes?  Tubes come loose in shipping.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee Yes. It didn't help. Does it seem like it could be a tube issue or something worse?

I contacted Bugera today, they said the seller should replace the amp free. Contacted the seller, no response yet.
jedigovnaUG Well it does seem like something related to the tube rectification option - tube, socket, something upstream from the tube, the selection switch, etc.  Without trying different things (including tubes) it's hard to tell.  You're doing the right thing and contacting the manufacturer and seller.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
This guy also had the same problem . https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1680809 . he's not on the forums anymore though. 

I called Bugera again. they opened a case for me. So I will likely have to ship this one in exchange for another, i'll find out more when I get an email from them with the details. If the replacement is shipped from Las Vegas  (it's where the first 1 shipped from) then I should receive it in about 1 business day. So hopefully I wont be without an amp for too long.
They said I will get a replacement, I just have to ship this one out. Sigh...I don't want to deal with that again if it happens. I'm thinking if I should just ask for a refund and buy something else.
Quote by diabolical
No, they don't, Mesa actually tests out their amps.

Ya sure the tubes will work when they ship out and they'll replace the tube if it goes bad within the warranty time. But tubes still go bad.
Quote by jedigovnaUG

Do you know if I can use 5ar4 tubes instead of 5u4?

In most cases a 5ar4 can be used instead of a 5u4 but for some amps the 5ar4 will boost voltages too much and cause problems.  Check with bugera and see if they think it's safe.
Not taking any online orders.
CorduroyEW I did ask them about that as well . The guy I spoke to said there's no problem in swapping them. So I bought a set to try out , it made the sound a lot tighter . But the rectifier switch still doesn't work . Bleh 
Quote by Will Lane

it might or it might not void the warranty- you'd definitely want to check with them and with the retailer before doing anything, though.

if it does void it, then i agree with you- let them deal with it. if it's not just a rectifier tube and it's something more complicated and you've voided you're warranty you're SOL...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?