View poll results: Are you transphobic?
yes, i'm transphobic af
27 64%
no, i'm not transphobic af
15 36%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 7
No, I Don't Have To Tell You I'm Trans Before Dating You
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/no-dont-have-to-tell-you-im-trans-before-dating-you?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Owned%20Social&utm_campaign=Aud%20Dev

Thus, not being attracted to trans people is deeply transphobic. The entire notion that someone isn't attracted to a group of very physically diverse group of people because they are trans is built on fear and disgust of trans people. None of this means it is transphobic to not be attracted to individual trans people. Nor is it transphobic to not be attracted to specific genitals. But it is transphobic to claim to not be attracted to all trans, people. For example, there is a difference between saying you won't go out with someone for having a penis and saying you won't go out with someone because they're trans.

So when a cis person argues that a trans person has an obligation to come out to someone before dating them, they are saying trans people have an obligation to accommodate their transphobia. Plus, claiming that trans people are obligated to come out reinforces the idea that not being attracted to trans people is reasonable. But as I've pointed out, not being attracted to trans people supports the idea that transness is disgusting which is the basis for transphobic oppression.

Are you transphobic?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I dont understand your post

Can you TRANSlate it for me ?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Transphobic and proud  

That article just makes me feel more transphobic 
I have nothing important to say
Can we all stop with this shit threads

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51

-No shit threads
-The pit

Choose one
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
-No shit threads
-The pit

Choose one

Good Thread 2017

Brad's are just honestly shit. You can guess what they will be like. Link to an article. Quote from article. Discuss?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
God dammit Brad
My God, it's full of stars!
well many trans girls still look or sound vaguely 'man'-like, which in turn makes them unattractive to me. however the girls in thailand who are very convincing and 'girly', i can find attractive. i have certainly been attracted to a trans person in the past.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Good Thread 2017

Brad's are just honestly shit. You can guess what they will be like. Link to an article. Quote from article. Discuss?

this is a good thread and it's going to last a while
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jun 11, 2017,
My doctor said to avoid trans fats, sorry tumblr.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
hey look hidden thread number 96
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Then I don't have to tell them about my past felonies

Not telling someone is a problem because then you're starting a relationship without honesty

And telling someone must be hard because a lot of people aren't going to want to proceed with the relationship, but you still should

I don't know if I would could tbh
hey gurl I only have one X chromosome, care to share one of yours?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Good Thread 2017

I mean are the majority of your threads really that different? Yeah you've been doing fewer links and more polls lately, but that sounds like a pretty accurate description of a lot of your threads that I remember, though you do usually add a sentence or two of your opinion on top.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Well, there are certain considerations that aren't necessarily trans specific that are inherent nonetheless. For some people the inability to have biological children together is a deal breaker. But at the same time, that's usually not an upfront thing. Nobody is gonna tell their date that they are sterile or anything like that on their first date.

Also one thing I would like to point out that is lacking in the quote is that it seems to assume that we are talking about only MtF and FtM. There are other people out there such as non-binary people and so a "biological" female that identifies as non-binary is nit the same thing.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

What is your native language?
It's not you; it's me. I mean, it is not that I am transphonic per se; I have simply chosen, after some deep soul-searching and a rational cost-benefit analysis of potential modes of being, to go my own way. I hope you can understand.
Quote by neidnarb11890
It's not you; it's me. I mean, it is not that I am transphonic per se; I have simply chosen, after some deep soul-searching and a rational cost-benefit analysis of potential modes of being, to go my own way. I hope you can understand.

Is that when you talk in a different voice?
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

some of you are pretty much just loathsome individuals
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Good Thread 2017

It's odd that you're always attracted to them isn't it.
My sexuality is kind of a moving target; broadly speaking I am more sexually attracted to females and more emotionally to males (and the corresponding normative genders). This means that sometimes when I see a dick I think "yummy" (ok not really) but sometimes I think "actually, no". Apparently "queer" is a decent label for this as it allows me to not explain that long-winded pain in the ass but still signifies that I'm not straight.

I have no control over that, and without any sort of transparency as to what I'm about to see, the night could go well, or grind to a halt depending on where I'm at.

So by saying that my queerness is transphobic, surely they are being homo/queerphobic?

∴ OP is problematic.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 11, 2017,
I had to research non binary people the other day because my buddy said something about them and i had no idea that was a thing. The definition of non binary can include having multiple gender identities. Is that not called a personality disorder in the medical world?
Nor is it transphobic to not be attracted to specific genitals. But it is transphobic to claim to not be attracted to all trans, people. For example, there is a difference between saying you won't go out with someone for having a penis and saying you won't go out with someone because they're trans.

so by this same logic does not being sexually attracted to people of your own sex make you sexist and (if applicable) homophobic? cause i can just say straight up given the choice i would not go out with a straight gay man, almost solely because he's straight and gay. i'm not going to get what i want/need out of the relationship so while i'd be fine being his bud, i would not be fine being his boyfriend

i know this is a #bradthread so all of the implications of that apply (clickbait, nothing more than article/quote in op, etc), but now it's got me thinking
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Something is only a disorder if it's causing problems

If the person is happy, then it's not a disorder iirc

I'll take the bait, every met a happy trans person? And not some mil playin trans, the real deal.
>happiness
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Baby Joel
so by this same logic does not being sexually attracted to people of your own sex make you sexist and (if applicable) homophobic? cause i can just say straight up given the choice i would not go out with a straight gay man, almost solely because he's straight and gay. i'm not going to get what i want/need out of the relationship so while i'd be fine being his bud, i would not be fine being his boyfriend

i know this is a #bradthread so all of the implications of that apply (clickbait, nothing more than article/quote in op, etc), but now it's got me thinking

But consider someone who has decided to go the whole 9 yards, surgery, hormones, etc.

Forget the people "playing at being trans" look at the real deal.
Quote by N8dagreat3
I had to research non binary people the other day because my buddy said something about them and i had no idea that was a thing. The definition of non binary can include having multiple gender identities. Is that not called a personality disorder in the medical world?

As of the DSM 5, no. 

What was "gender identity disorder" is now "gender dysphoria."

What is gender dysphoria?

edit: actually maybe dysphoria is still considered a mental disorder. Gender nonconformity, which is I think what we're really talking about, is not. 

Quote by 33db
But consider someone who has decided to go the whole 9 yards, surgery, hormones, etc.

Forget the people "playing at being trans" look at the real deal.

lol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Banjocal
I have no control over that, and without any sort of transparency as to what I'm about to see, the night could go well, or grind to a halt depending on where I'm at.

yeah but this thread is about them being obligated to tell before dating not casual sex
Quote by 33db
I'll take the bait, every met a happy trans person? And not some mil playin trans, the real deal.

iirc GG92 was super chill and loved my jokes.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Dreadnought
As of the DSM 5, no. 

edit: actually maybe dysphoria is still considered a mental disorder. Gender nonconformity, which is I think what we're really talking about, is not. 

Alright so this post is more directed at people not associating with a specific identity. But for those that identify as a male and female wouldnt they have to take on different identities?
Quote by theogonia777
yeah but this thread is about them being obligated to tell before dating not casual sex
Same applies imo. At least, situationally. I'm not in bed with the idea of obligation because hey do wtf you want.

The problem is that the OP wants to separate the whole penis vs being trans thing and they're trying REAL hard to disentangle the individual event from the collective identity but on the individual level, if someone you're dating has a dick and they visually sit within a particular normative gender, and you aren't into that, their transness is tied into that. There's an explicit correlation there and it might be one that applies to quite a large number of trans people (I know the internet likes to bash on this whole identity/unique snowflake stuff but really even the less common demographics are in their own way quite homogenous). I think that presents a problem. In trying to be nuanced, the OP kind of lacks it. Because it's trying to simultaneously mix gender identity and physiology while distancing them, only in a situationally dependent manner.

also tbh I was trying to stir the shit pot as I've often wondered how someone might respond if this happened with me
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Jun 11, 2017,
Quote by ErikLensherr
iirc GG92 was super chill 

you do not recall correctly 
Quote by ErikLensherr

Someone you knew on a forum only wouldn't count for me, and are we talking attraction or disclosure?

I didn't read the article.
Quote by Dreadnought
As of the DSM 5, no. 

And what will it be called next week? Seriously "gender non-conformity" so you refuse to conform to some mythical standardized gender ideal, this makes you non-conformist, not "trans".

Seems to me people are making up a bunch of bullshit labels so that they have something to get irate about.
Last edited by 33db at Jun 11, 2017,
Quote by 33db
Someone you knew on a forum only wouldn't count for me, and are we talking attraction or disclosure?

I didn't read the article.

And what will it be called next week?  Seriously "gender non-conformity" so you refuse to conform to some mythical standardized gender ideal, this makes you non-conformist.

Are you really trying to kneejerk argue against the recognized authority of the DSM because of your ~feelings~?
Quote by ErikLensherr

ydrc though cause GG92 was always depressed and self defeating but I think that wasn't trans related and she was just depressed