Hello guys, i got chance to be in USA for next 3 month. So right now i'm looking for the 7string guitar (no baritone).
I think i gonna spend 600-700& for the guitar and I have totally colapse in my head what do i need. 
Usually i play A,B tunning. Playing second year ( Architects cover -
Periphery, Architects, BMTH(2006), BoS, Parkway Drive. 
So 1. 600-700$ ( i can go less and upgrade pickups) 2. Thin neck. 3. No baritone
now i think about  STERLING by MMJP 70
Last edited by andrewporyvae at Jun 11, 2017,
You have all of the normal brands - Jackson, Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Schecter, etc - and the US opens up Agile from Rondomusic.com.

Go to some stores and play all you can pay in attention to the measurements of what you like and don't so if you buy online you have a better idea.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
andrewporyvae Ok, well you need to give us a little bit more information then on what you want or just buy which ever guitar you like the looks of best.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If you have to order online, check out Rondomusic dot com. It's rapidly become a go-to site for 7-string guitars in your budget range.

What does "no baritone" mean to you? Most sevens will come in a 27" scale. There are 25.5" scale sevens, of course (keep your eyes open on eBay and Craigslist for used Carvins, some of which might fall into your budget range). You might also look for used Agiles; I recently picked up an AL-727, a Les Paul-bodied 7 string with a 27" scale that was mis-identified in Guitar Center's Used Gear section, for $250. I'm not sure I'd recommend that particular guitar to anyone not built like a linebacker, however. It's seriously heavy.

A 27" scale is not necessarily "baritone" -- a surprising number of jazz players buy this scale and tune to E standard (on a six) because of the extra clarity on the low end. The good news is that most of the 7-strings done in a 27" scale will have 24 frets, and that's pretty nice, even if you don't use all 24 of them. It means that if you're only using 22, they're still much more accessible.
Quote by metalmingee
andrewporyvae Ok, well you need to give us a little bit more information then on what you want or just buy which ever guitar you like the looks of best.  

Well, okay. 2 humbuckers. any neck, 25.5",. thin neck, hate black gloss finish, but if it's a good guitar i can deal with it. any type of body. 
I'm sorry about my english. I don't like orange or green guitars. Black, white, silver, red, any burst or flame top is good, i like it.  
Quote by dspellman
If you have to order online, check out Rondomusic dot com. It's rapidly become a go-to site for 7-string guitars in your budget range.

What does "no baritone" mean to you? Most sevens will come in a 27" scale. There are 25.5" scale sevens, of course (keep your eyes open on eBay and Craigslist for used Carvins, some of which might fall into your budget range).  You might also look for used Agiles; I recently picked up an AL-727, a Les Paul-bodied 7 string with a 27" scale that was mis-identified in Guitar Center's Used Gear section, for $250. I'm not sure I'd recommend that particular guitar to anyone not built like a linebacker, however. It's seriously heavy.

A 27" scale is not necessarily "baritone" -- a surprising number of jazz players buy this scale and tune to E standard (on a six) because of the extra clarity on the low end. The good news is that most of the 7-strings done in a 27" scale will have 24 frets, and that's pretty nice, even if you don't use all 24 of them. It means that if you're only using 22, they're still much more accessible.

It's mean that i don't want 27" scale 'couse it's too long for my hand. I like 25.5" with 24 frets. Okay, i'll keep my eyes, ty
The whole idia in 7 string for me - be able to play A,B and sometimes just forget about 1 string and play C,D,E. 
Also, what do you guys think about  Schecter KM-7, is it better then SBMM JP70?
If that's you in the cover video, your hands are just fine for a 27" scale. I wouldn't discount it.
Are you planning to range your tunings over the whole range from A to E? Or am I missing something?
The KM-7's a very decent guitar (note that it has a 26.5" scale). While it has a compound radius, you should figure that it will play mostly like a comfortable 13-14" radius guitar. The SBMM JP70 is a 25.5" scale guitar with a 16" radius all the way.

I have the same SD Nazgul bridge pickup (as the KM-7) and would note that it's at its best with gain. I know nothing about the pickups in the SBMM JP70.
I also have to note that I'm personally so tired of black guitars (I have WAY too many of them) that I look for *anything* else these days .
Quote by dspellman
If that's you in the cover video, your hands are just fine for a 27" scale. I wouldn't discount it.
Are you planning to range your tunings over the whole range from A to E? Or am I missing something?
The KM-7's a very decent guitar (note that it has a 26.5" scale). While it has a compound radius, you should figure that it will play mostly like a comfortable 13-14" radius guitar. The SBMM JP70 is a 25.5" scale guitar with a 16" radius all the way.  

I have the same SD Nazgul bridge pickup (as the KM-7) and would note that it's at its best with gain. I know nothing about the pickups in the SBMM JP70.
I also have to note that I'm personally so tired of black guitars (I have WAY too many of them) that I look for *anything* else these days .

i mean that with 7 strings guitar i able to tune 1's-6's string in E, and just forger about 7's string. In case that i have 6 string guitar i have to buy 11-56 gauge, this way i can play A and B tune and it's not possible to tune this string in E or D. 
Well, yes, this is my hands. What do you think if i buy SBMMJP70(used) and then buy some pickups, like Bare Knuckle Juggernaut or smth else? 
That's kind of silly. There are no hand sizes that would prevent you from playing a 27. I have tiny hands.

So that being said what you really need to think about is whether are not having a 25.5 is going to prevent you from downtuning properly in the future. 25.5 is good until like g#.

I think the rgdix from ibanez and the schecter km7 mkii and mkii are great choices.

The Jackson ht7 pro is good in theory but you'll really want to try that one in store. Lots of duds going out.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
You can't really go wrong with Ibanez or Jackson in terms of mass-produced 7-strings in the $600-700 price range. I haven't tried anything else, really. 

Only advice I can give is stay away from Legator. They're apparently riddled with quality control issues, if the testimony on the Extended Range Guitar Nerds group on Facebook I follow is to be believed.

ps. great Architects cover! I only got as far as learning the intro to that one :P 
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Last edited by travislausch at Jun 14, 2017,
Honestly you're doing yourself a disservice by ruling out baritones. When I jumped from my RG7321 to my TAM10, the only difference in playability was how I could vary my attack much more on the lower strings. Those extra inches go a long way
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Plus one for Agile from Rondo they are great guitars with premium features for a good price.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by reincarnator
Those extra inches go a long way

That's what SHE....*GaCk*
I personally recommend the JP70 from Music Man Sterling.  It's an extremely well priced guitar, easily upgradeable and easy to find used.  25.5" inch scale with two humbuckers which are actually really good for stock.
Played the matt heafy 7 string sig a few times recently and loved the feel especially considering only costs about £550
Played the HT7 and it was pretty nice. Same for the Ibanez RG927. That said, with an Agile Septor 727 in hand, I have a comparable product for half the cost *or less
*also, still on honeymoon period with Septor.

That said...

Even the Sterling line has been very impressive, so if a JP series does fall in your price range, you would be in error to not try it.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Seven string guitars are to choose. Either Schecter or ESP may be a perfect fit for you if you want to play metal on the guitar.
Dean Dave Mustaine VMNTX electric (Black)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro electric (Ebony w/ gold)
Orange Micro Terror 20W Hybrid amp head
Orange Crush Pro 120W amp head
Kustom 4x12 cabinet
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus Power Supply
Korg Pitchblack Chromatic Pedal Tuner
Electro-Harmonix XO Metal Muff
MXR M-103 Blue Box
TC Electronic Dark Matter
TC Electronic Fangs Metal
Last edited by Hal-Sephira at Jun 21, 2017,