Hi everyone.
I'm a music teacher and I'm looking for a micro amp so I can give electric guitar lessons anywhere just with my guitar and my backpack.

I know that these little amps aren't well known for their tone quality but I'm looking primarly for a good clean sound and decent overdrive, not looking for metal tones with this one.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
There really isn't going to be a "best".

Are you looking for a combo or head & cab? I'm thinking combo, but want to be sure.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Roland Micro Cube is probably your best bet. Or just use an acoustic? 

Any of the really tiny ones like the Marshall MS2 or the Fender Mini Twin are basically toys, I wouldn't bother with them. 
Check out a Vox Amplug and run the headphone jack out into the AUX/Line In input to a battery powered speaker like a Bluetooth speaker that also has an AUX option.  
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
One of the Yamaha THR amps may serve you well.  They are small, sound good, have built in speakers and get good ratings and are not just a toy.  Plus it can be plugged into a cab and it should fit in a backpack nicely.     
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Jun 12, 2017,
I haven't played any of them, but I was very impressed with a Boss Bass Micro Cube being demoed in the shop, so I would be looking at the guitar version of it., and the Yamahas on reputation.

I have an Amplug. It works OK, but I don't like the design, OK with a top-mounted socket, but IMO an accident waiting to happen with a side-mounted type.
Yamaha THR is what I'd get.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Both the Yamaha and MicroCube are good suggestions.  The MicroCube also runs on batteries.
On a similar note with the Yamaha THR, the Vox Adio Air GT looks promising. Too bad it looks like something the Queen of England would have used as a foot cushion in the 1960's.
I am a fake mountain.
A lot of people are praising the Blackstar Fly 3 hard, and from all the reviews I've heard, it sounds pretty kickass. 
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
yamaha thr or the blackstar fly 3
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam