Fender Mustang GT40 vs Line 6 Spider V 30

I want to get one of these amps which one is better. I play guitar for 3+ years, interested in old school metal and rock and little blues like, Iron Maiden, Buckethead, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Manowar, Megadeth, Metallica, Gary Moore, Santana, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, Scorpions, Rainbow, Iced Earth, Dick Dale....... 

I have cheap vgs strat and planing to get decent Fender or Jackson maybe Ibanez

Which one amp you prefer for only home practice and jamming 

P.S You can suggest other modern digital amp under $300
Well the Spider is regarded as one of the worst amps on this forum, but i have yet to actually play one of the new ones. Honestly, for home practice i sometimes used a spider II and it was good for what it was. That being said, id still go for the mustang in your case.

There is also the Boss Katana to consider, people have been saying good things about those. There is also the Marshall Code line, and i actually heard those in person, and they were suprisingly good. But they need an app to get to all of the functions, and that would be a deal breaker to me.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Peavey VIP/ vypyr. Haven't tried th katana either but it is getting some good press. Fender is good for clean and less dirty tones but not first choice for metal.
Katana is not a bad choice. But I only played them at low volumes and they felt like they wanted to be turned up. Peavey Vypyr is smart too, you might could find a Tube 60 version which has a tube power amp. The Mustang GT was okay, dirt tones were kind of off. The Spider V was okay as well, but the dirt tones were a bit better. With the 30w Spider version, the speaker will be absolute garbage so most of your playing will need to me done through headphones I would suggest.

Another competitor is the Yamaha THR10X. I also revisited my Roland Cube 20x and the headphone line sounds surprisingly good for home practice, for dirt cheap as well.
Given the list of artists includes a lot of metal, Peavey has to be the best choice.  Heavy sounds are the Fender's weak point and the Spider isn't worth considering.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud