Left Middle
0 0%
Left Ring
4 11%
Left Pinky
6 17%
Voters: 36.
Page 1 of 2
I think I would cut off my Right Ring finger. I would use that the least out of all of them. My left hand is a fretting hand, so I wouldn't cut anything off of there. Maybe then Right Middle.

I would probably use an axe as the weapon of choice. You can't really feel it then, or so Iv'e heard. A saw would be awful. But a really sharp knife wouldn't be so bad. Scissors would hurt, and would take a lot of effort that could just be done quicker and less painful with an axe.

Don't worry, I don't plan to cut any fingers off for at least a few months. Most likely over a year, though. Or never. Who knows. I need some kind of way to show my doctors that I'm serious.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
Left pinky. Least used on the fretting hand, and losing any fingers on the right would change my writing position and dynamic, and I write far more than play guitar.
Right pinky.

Here's the catch though -- it would be someone else's finger.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
left ring finger 

don't need it, not for playing videogames with a controller or writing (typing on keyboard would be a struggle at first, but i would adapt)

i play guitar left handed, so i need all the fingers on my right hand to fret
i only need my thumb and pointer finger on my left hand to pick
i dabble in piano, so i think my left ring finger would be a loss, but i could make up for it with my left pinky and middle finger 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I've had carpal tunnel for the last few weeks and have been unable to use one of my index fingers so I'd probably go with that since it didn't inconvenience me much.
cat
I'm left handed but left ring finger seems expendable
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I'm left handed but left ring finger seems expendable

left handed master race  
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by gogiregion

Don't worry, I don't plan to cut any fingers off for at least a few months. Most likely over a year, though. Or never. Who knows. I need some kind of way to show my doctors that I'm serious.

If you arent being taken serious you need to find new dr's, dont self harm to try and prove a point because that's only going to get you into a psych ward. My great grandpa had the tips of fingers sliced off when he reached under a mower deck too soon after it had been turned off. It wasnt a pretty site, about the only plus side is not having to clip fingernails. Obviously you need your fret hand but what if you want to learn how to start finger picking?
Quote by soundgarden1986
right pinky since im pr sure i dont actually use it for anything
losing a pinky would throw off the overall hand balance too much
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150

Yeah also typing would suck.
cat
Quote by Hydra150

it would look dumb but im a lefty that plays guitar right handed and even with two hand tapping i still dont use pinky much

wouldnt have a whole lot of options if i had to pick one to lose
i tried googling "least used fingers for pianists" and couldn't really find anything. maybe left middle?
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
thumb and pointer on both hands.   it would make it harder to sit around thinking about stuff all day
If you had to cut off a finger, which one would it be?

yours

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Hydra150

Not to mention grip strength. I'd never sacrifice a pinky; OP's choice makes the most sense
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Instead of finger, can I cut my life into pieces?
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I had a whole thing with wanting to cut off my right pinky towards the end of secondary school, it probably made sense in my head at the time. In any case I heard that losing pinkies fucks with your grip strength so it didn't seem so expendable anymore.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
either ring. pinky gets used for a bunch of stuff but my ring fingers do little except let me touch type a bit easier.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by guitarxo
Yeah also typing would suck.
The way I type, I only ever use the pinkys to hold Shift on the keyboard or just use my phone.

That said probably right ring finger cause I'm a lefty and what does a ring finger even do?

That said, this morbid question is concerning. D:
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by gogiregion
I think I would cut off my Right Ring finger. I would use that the least out of all of them. My left hand is a fretting hand, so I wouldn't cut anything off of there. Maybe then Right Middle.

I would probably use an axe as the weapon of choice. You can't really feel it then, or so Iv'e heard. A saw would be awful. But a really sharp knife wouldn't be so bad. Scissors would hurt, and would take a lot of effort that could just be done quicker and less painful with an axe.

Serious about being sufficiently insane to ask an off-topic guitar forum about a DIY amputation?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Right pinky. I use my right ring for gallops and triplets when I play fingerstyle on bass. Pinky does nothing useful that way.

It's funny, I think most guitarists would be more devastated losing functioning in their non-dominant hand than their dominant. 
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Right pinky. I use my right ring for gallops and triplets when I play fingerstyle on bass. Pinky does nothing useful that way.

It's funny, I think most guitarists would be more devastated losing functioning in their non-dominant hand than their dominant. 

if I cut the pinkie off my wanking hand, my willy would feel 25% bigger....
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by k.lainad
left handed master race  

I'm ambidextrous, but Violin is pretty much only played right hand and I learned that first.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by N8dagreat3
If you arent being taken serious you need to find new dr's, dont self harm to try and prove a point because that's only going to get you into a psych ward. My great grandpa had the tips of fingers sliced off when he reached under a mower deck too soon after it had been turned off. It wasnt a pretty site, about the only plus side is not having to clip fingernails. Obviously you need your fret hand but what if you want to learn how to start finger picking?

I wasn't being taken seriously by my doctor and a suicide attempt put me in a psych ward, but also showed them I'm serious. I promised someone I wouldn't do any more attempts, and so I decided that cutting off a finger would probably work. I originally was going to do something more extreme, but then that would f*** up my life too much.

I watched a video of someone cutting their fingers off with an axe. It wasn't THAT bad of a thing to see. Not that that would change my mind.

Meh. I can use my pinky. Still, loosing a finger is more serious than loosing a toe. I would need it to be serious, but not life-threatening. Or affect my permanent medical health too much.

It feels like everything I post somehow turns into a conversation about my mental health. Even questions guitar related.

Quote by 33db
Yours.

I don't think you would need to. 

Quote by gogiregion
I don't think you would need to. 

You're assuming you won't make a hash of it.
Which you probably would with an axe, anyway, especially if you're going to try and take a finger off your dominant hand. Even a hatchet is going to be awkward.
Seriously, if you're doing the cutting with your off-hand, use a band or table saw. Immerse the hand to be cut in ice water before and after to numb it, and cause vasoconstriction to reduce blood loss.
Quote by gogiregion
It feels like everything I post somehow turns into a conversation about my mental health. Even questions guitar related.

From what I've seen of your posts, they are all about your mental health from the get-go. Or your lack of mental health. Wasn't there one last week about anorexia?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by gogiregion
I wasn't being taken seriously by my doctor and a suicide attempt put me in a psych ward, but also showed them I'm serious. I promised someone I wouldn't do any more attempts, and so I decided that cutting off a finger would probably work. I originally was going to do something more extreme, but then that would f*** up my life too much.

I watched a video of someone cutting their fingers off with an axe. It wasn't THAT bad of a thing to see. Not that that would change my mind.

Meh. I can use my pinky. Still, loosing a finger is more serious than loosing a toe. I would need it to be serious, but not life-threatening. Or affect my permanent medical health too much.

I think without even realizing it, every post you make is a cry for help, and it sort of kills me knowing I'm just some jackass on a guitar forum who can't effectively help you the way you need. Just know that self harm, whether physical or emotional, is never okay and there are people who care about you, whether you know it or not.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You're assuming you won't make a hash of it.
Which you probably would with an axe, anyway, especially if you're going to try and take a finger off your dominant hand. Even a hatchet is going to be awkward.
Seriously, if you're doing the cutting with your off-hand, use a band or table saw. Immerse the hand to be cut in ice water before and after to numb it, and cause vasoconstriction to reduce blood loss.

From what I've seen of your posts, they are all about your mental health from the get-go. Or your lack of mental health. Wasn't there one last week about anorexia?

I'm ambidextrous. I use my left hand for some things and my right hand for others. I play guitar right handed because violin uses the fretting hand as the left weather you're right or left handed. I just got used to that. Ice water is a good idea. I would constrict is anyways, probably. 

Well, yeah. I actually on that one wanted to see how long it took for someone to guess anorexia. It technically didn't start off as a post about anorexia. That type of thing is only my Pit posts. A question about guitar amps becomina a conversation about hanging is really awkward. 

Quote by Joshua Garcia
I think without even realizing it, every post you make is a cry for help, and it sort of kills me knowing I'm just some jackass on a guitar forum who can't effectively help you the way you need. Just know that self harm, whether physical or emotional, is never okay and there are people who care about you, whether you know it or not.

Maybe every post on the Pit is. Probably, yeah that sounds about right. Guitar questions are about guitar, though, not a cry for help. Maybe it's my signature being a bit of one. 

Meh. Therapists can't effectively help me the way I need, so I guess you're on equal footing as them. 

I don't see what's wrong with self harm. Sometimes it's that or suicide. Your pick (except that my girlfriend already has picked for me).

I know at least one person loves me. I promised them I wouldn't commit suicide, starve myself completely to death, or purge food. 

Quote by gogiregion
A question about guitar amps becomina a conversation about hanging is really awkward. 

I missed that thread the first time around but reading back over it it does look like you steered the conversation thither yourself
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I missed that thread the first time around but reading back over it it does look like you steered the conversation thither yourself

Which one was it? I don't remember it. I actually think someone said something that triggered me (in the real sense of the word, not the crybaby sense) and I went off. Maybe it was my fault. Just like everything in life. 

I think that there was at least one where I didn't start it. 

Page 1 of 2