So I've been searching for one of Gibson's DG-335 Electric guitars, and they're all very expensive. But then I stumbled upon this website, where they're about $270. What really threw me off is that there are 50 available. Is it legit, or is there definitely something wrong here?
(removed)
Its fake and you probably should take that link down considering its against the rules to link to fakes.

FWIW if its too good to be true, its probably a fake.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
If you're looking for a good, inexpensive copy of Dave Grohl's guitar, check out the Vintage VSA540 Pretender. Pretty sure Vintage is a UK brand, but the guitar is made in China. Looks decent for the money, if you're willing to pay the international shipping. Best part is, it's not a fake, since it's not branded as a Gibson.
Quote by sneekylion
So I've been searching for one of Gibson's DG-335 Electric guitars, and they're all very expensive. But then I stumbled upon this website, where they're about $270. What really threw me off is that there are 50 available. Is it legit, or is there definitely something wrong here?
(removed)

Are you looking for the sexy aesthetics, the tone, or both?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
sneekylion

*sigh*

I was afraid that would be the case. The only guitar I can think of right now under $1500 with a similar body and a 6 on a side headstock is the Reverend Tricky Gomez, which isn't particularly close. They all have Bigsbys, pointy cutaways, and more traditional finishes than the DG.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Some Gibson Trini Lopez variants used to come up fairly cheap (for Gibsons at least) and may be a better option than hunting for one with Dave's name on
Quote by dannyalcatraz
sneekylion

*sigh*

I was afraid that would be the case. The only guitar I can think of right now under $1500 with a similar body and a 6 on a side headstock is the Reverend Tricky Gomez, which isn't particularly close. They all have Bigsbys, pointy cutaways, and more traditional finishes than the DG.

The Vintage Pretender (if you can find one since IIRC they're discontinued) like zat48 mentioned is really close and is much cheaper than that. Definitely something to look into.

If the headstock shape isn't important, Epiphone was doing a pelham blue ES-355 for a while that you could also hunt for. If you wanted to go older I think a few MIJ companies did a Trini Lopez style guitar. Aria had one for sure as smb mentioned as well.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.