Page 1 of 5
You may have read that there is currently a play in which Trump is assassinated (but not really?)
I've noticed a the violent imagery involving trump, from rappers preaching assassination to Kathy Griffin holding his bloody.
https://variety.com/2017/legit/reviews/julius-caesar-broadway-review-trump-like-play-1202462921/

Should the office of president be treated respectfully, even if you do not like the president?

How damaging is this to the American people in terms of losing respect for the office, general decline in respect for the politicians, and our government.
It seems to have become one giant horrible joke.

Does this attitude help drive extremism?
There is no room to talk about Trump being singled out. Obama got so much shit like this, and mostly because he was black, not because of his behavior.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Stick that cheeto colored toupee wearing shit gibbon in the microwave til he fucking pops.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by zgr0826
There is no room to talk about Trump being singled out. Obama got so much shit like this, and mostly because he was black, not because of his behavior.

I don't recall much in the way of bloody heads type abuse or people publicly calling for Obama's assassination.
There was a lot of racial abuse, and other types but not in the way of violence in the media the way Trump gets it.
I don't respect him and I'm not gonna pretend.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by 33db
I don't recall much in the way of bloody heads type abuse or people publicly calling for Obama's assassination.
There was a lot of racial abuse, and other types but not in the way of violence in the media the way Trump gets it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_threats_against_Barack_Obama

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Jackal58
Stick that cheeto colored toupee wearing shit gibbon in the microwave til he fucking pops.

=(
Quote by zgr0826

Yeah but did the media go along with it? Did newscasters from CNN call him a piece of shit, etc.

Obama got his share but it was not considered "acceptable" to do it, where as anyone doing it to Trump seems to be celebrated in the media.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump, but it's disturbing to see the media do this.
Trump isn't doing a thankless task with long hours like a doctor or a nurse or a teacher. He has the highest office in the country and his decisions affect millions of people. No way does he get some sort of immunity card from satire or criticism just because he's President. It's more important he is held accountable, through any form, than anyone else.

Same goes for most politicians.

Quote by 33db
Yeah but did the media go along with it? Did newscasters from CNN call him a piece of shit, etc.

Obama got his share but it was not considered "acceptable" to do it, where as anyone doing it to Trump seems to be celebrated in the media.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump, but it's disturbing to see the media do this.

boo hoo poor trump

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by 33db

http://www.newsweek.com/barack-obama-donald-trump-russia-investigation-dijon-mustard-scandal-fox-fake-623643

Quote by ErikLensherr

It's a play, suck it up snowflakes
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
It's a play, suck it up snowflakes

the right are so easily triggered

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by 33db
zgr0826
*laugh*

*chuckle*

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by 33db

bullshit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I definitely wouldn't go as far as a lot of the people have. Like, with the Kathy Griffin thing for me it didn't really make me think 'yeah this image is something I support'. It just made me think that Kathy Griffin was a big idiot by going for cheap heat with a shocking image and then couldn't deal with the backlash when she realized it was a dumb idea to depict the president in such a fashion. 

So no, I don't support anybody doing it. I don't care what they voted for, what kind of body parts they have or what kind of things they want to bang and marry, crass actions like that aren't the way to spread your message. 

That being said, a play is a play and I don't really lump that into the same category as the Kathy Griffin thing. 
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Jun 13, 2017,
Quote by 33db

soundgarden1986 that's not violence, that's racial abuse. violence is much worse.

Hicks burned and hung obama effigies.

Celebrities didn't really voice their disapproval of obama, only incident I know of is Ted Nugent. 

Trump's fine, nothing he's done has affected my day to day, any president that doesn't start ww3 is probably fine. 
Quote by 33db

Google "Obama noose." Skip to page 60ish and you'll find the results are still relevant.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
A much more important question - which Trump ass is your favourite? Donald, Ivanka, Melania or - with your future-seeing eyes, because he's not legal yet - Barron?
Quote by JustRooster
Google "Obama noose."  Skip to page 60ish and you'll find the results are still relevant.

I recall that, but was that in the main stream media?
I wasn't very clear, the difference in my opinion is that the main stream outlets are attacking Trump in a way that would never have happened in the past.
And everyone seems OK with it, yeah he is a train wreck but in a way they are damaging the image of our presidency, and the US, aside from Trump.
its a bit distasteful
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by soundgarden1986

That's not main stream that's a bunch of hillbillies, Trump is getting called a "piece of shit" by CNN, etc, it's very main stream for Trump.
Quote by 33db
That's not main stream that's a bunch of hillbillies, Trump is getting called a "piece of shit" by CNN, etc, it's very main stream for Trump.

you're such a snow flake

Quote by 33db
I recall that, but was that in the main stream media?
I wasn't very clear, the difference in my opinion is that the main stream outlets are attacking Trump in a way that would never have happened in the past.
And everyone seems OK with it, yeah he is a train wreck but in a way they are damaging the image of our presidency, and the US, aside from Trump.

the only person damaging the image of your presidency and your country is trump himself and those who elected him

My coworker got a Trump bobblehead so now i'm gonna buy an Obama one
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by EndTheRapture51
you're such a snow flake

The voice of a generation...

Quote by Bladez22
its a bit distasteful

If you mean the media coverage I agree, it would be nice to keep it as quiet as we could for 4 years.

I'm a bit terrified what might get elected in 2020.
Quote by 33db
Should the office of president be treated respectfully, even if you do not like the president?

of course not

everyone has to be accountable for their actions and the president should be held to the highest standards of all

if he doesn't behave like a decent human being or a decent American or a decent anything then he's not worthy of the office
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
of course not

everyone has to be accountable for their actions and the president should be held to the highest standards of all

if he doesn't behave like a decent human being or a decent American or a decent anything then he's not worthy of the office

Then impeach him, but as long as he is don't shit all over the office even if he is a train wreck.
Quote by 33db
The voice of a generation...

Hey, you accidentally posted a picture of some woman on the toilet you had on your phone.
Quote by 33db
Then impeach him.

i can't really remember the details because it's not my government but i'm pretty sure that requires the cooperation of congress

congress is driven by party politics and has a republican majority in both chambers

doesn't sound to me like impeachment is a particularly likely option

and imo it doesn't really make sense to suggest that the possibility of impeachment precludes disrespecting a president for acting like an asswipe
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by 33db
Then impeach him, but as long as he is don't shit all over the office even if he is a train wreck.

y tho 
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i can't really remember the details because it's not my government but i'm pretty sure that requires the cooperation of congress

congress is driven by party politics and has a republican majority in both chambers

doesn't sound to me like impeachment is a particularly likely option

and imo it doesn't really make sense to suggest that the possibility of impeachment precludes disrespecting a president for acting like an asswipe

You might be surprised, for starters they would then have Pence as president, he is a religious republican and would be doing essentially the same things Trump is doing without the embarrassing behavior.
Pence is also far more re-electable.

Impeachment is likely, though my money is on Trump quitting. 
Last edited by 33db at Jun 13, 2017,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
the right are so easily triggered

"please refer to it as a patronus. Spirit Animal is cultural appropriation"
Check out my band Disturbed
Page 1 of 5