Like mentioned above, should I trade my DC3 for the Hotrod? My only issue with the DC3 is that it's clean tone is not really great ( I know it's not what it is for). The master knob too is too sensitive, even at a gig I can only turn it up to 3, once I move it to 3.5 it pretty much doubles in loudness. Just wondering what people's opinions are for the Hotrod Deluxe 3 and how it is when overdriven etc. Thank you all!
If youre thinking the Fender will be less loud you will be in for a surprise. Both amps will be very loud.

FWIW Fenders are very sensitive with volume like your mesa and IMO youd be getting a slightly better clean channel and a way worse drive channel swapping to an HRD.

Have you considered a new speaker for your Mesa?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have a HRD.  I love it, bu it isn't a perfect amp.

It is loud: mine has never been above 4 since I brought it home.  Not only that, there is a significant volume jump between 0-1.

The drive channel is terrible.  I almost never use it these days, instead using dirt pedals on the clean channel.

Basically, you'd be trading known issues for other known issues.  The speaker swap might be a better plan.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
There are no perfect amps but both of these are capable of pro gig wailing tone.  Coin toss?
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY