I picked up a Epiphone Les Paul Edition of the Special II a year ago when I wanted to learn how to play initially. Had to put it down for a while because life got in the way. Now I also have acquired an ESP LTD M-15. I was going to give this one to my dad as a gift since he told me weeks ago that the two things he regrets ever selling is his Harley and his guitar lol. Can't buy the bike of course. 

Anyway, Anyone here have opinions on these two. Because now I am considering keeping the LTD for myself to learn off of and giving the les paul to my dad. But are both of these guitars good? I tried looking for reviews of people playing the M15, but shockingly I could only find a single video of one guy on Youtube complaining how the guitar was a fake. It seems to work with Rocksmith though, and I heard it being played in person and it sounded like a guitar lol. 

What do you guys think? Keep the M15 for myself and give my dad the Les paul or what? BTW....what does it mean when you search the internet for the same brand of guitar you have, but all of the pictures show them a different color? Mine has this White plate on the front that doesn't appear in the pictures. There is a black and white one I saw, but mine still looks way different. ( the les Paul Special II one.) could it be someone added that later on as a custom thing? 
It might help if you posted a picture of it. No doubt someone with knowledge will weigh in and you'll have your answer. 

The way I see it, regardless of the name on the headstock, which one do you enjoy playing most? Which one has the tone you're after and feels nice to play? Pick the one you like best, give the other to your dad and tell him Happy Father's Day. 

It may be that you've acquired a cheap Chinese counterfeit, but if it plays well enough, who cares? Slash made Appetite For Destruction with a Chinese Gibson copy and we know how that turned out. 
both are entry level student instruments. you will grow out of both of them rather quickly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup How so? Do you mean that I will just want a better sounding instrument, or are more expensive guitars going to have features that make learning how to play certain things that the others don't have? 
It may be that you've acquired a cheap Chinese counterfeit, but if it plays well enough, who cares? Slash made Appetite For Destruction with a Chinese Gibson copy and we know how that turned out. 

I know this is being picky but Slash's AFD Gibson copy was not made in China. It was hand made by American luthier Kris Derrig. I agree that anything that plays well and feels right is good no matter who made it. 

Here's the story on Slash's guitar. It is interesting.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/the_legend_of_slashs_appetite_for_destruction_les_paul
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 15, 2017,
I'm guesstimating that your dad will prol' appreciate either of those guitars so you should keep the one you like best.
Last edited by Guitaraxe at Jun 15, 2017,
Quote by Rickholly74
I know this is being picky but Slash's AFD Gibson copy was not made in China. It was hand made by American luthier Kris Derrig. I agree that anything that plays well and feels right is good no matter who made it. 

Here's the story on Slash's guitar. It is interesting.

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/the_legend_of_slashs_appetite_for_destruction_les_paul

Yeah, slash in no way played a 'chinese copy'
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by vasartas
trashedlostfdup How so? Do you mean that I will just want a better sounding instrument, or are more expensive guitars going to have features that make learning how to play certain things that the others don't have? 

You'll eventually just want a better sounding, better playing, better features and overall just better made instrument.

There's not really anything you can learn on a more expensive guitar that you cannot learn on a cheapy. But a more expensive one will tend to make the learning process easier, as generally more expensive guitars just play better. The quality of the hardware is just better, which improves tuning stability. And are overall just more inspiring to play. An instrument that is inspiring to play with motivate you to practice more.

There's a law of diminishing returns as the guitars you purchase get more and more expensive. But when it comes to cheapies, you totally get what you pay for. You cannot expect much from a guitar that costs less than $300.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee