Poll Options
View poll results: cure gay in womb
do it
10 29%
dont do it
24 71%
Voters: 34.
Page 1 of 6
Got into a heated argument w/ my sister a while back about whether or not it's moral to "cure" homosexuality. She's a big sjw feminist pos so naturally she said "you want to commit gay genocide!" and all that nonsense.

My arguments were basically this:

I have nothing against gay people or the concept of being gay, but it's certainly not easy to be gay, no matter how much people accept it.

1. Finding a partner is way harder. Your potential mates go from 50% to 3% just like that. And then of that 3% you gotta find the ones you like, that like you, etc. I can't imagine how frustrating it is.

2. As much as the left denies it, there are absolute inherent health risks with being gay. Apart from the higher chances of getting HIV, anal sex is just not good for your body. It's unhealthy and often leads to infections. I am aware this problem doesn't really affect lesbians.

3. There are still people who treat gay people like subhuman scum and that's not something I would wish on anyone.

So, if you were having a child and they could test for homosexuality and offered a quick gene repair, would you opt for it?
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 14, 2017,
Curing random gay people I don't know, nah. 

Curing my own gay child, yeah probably. 
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
This is a pretty difficult question to even answer. I get what you are saying, from a purely objective view it might make a small amount of sense, but to ask the question is basically like asking "If you could turn your black friend white, would you?"
1 - way easy to get some, just go to a club instead of hoping to bump into someone at a coffee shop or work or some other dumb random shit. living in a big city and apps help.

2 - feels good though and prostate stimulation has beneficial effects as you get older. infection risks aren't too different from hetero people who sleep around a bunch, assuming everyone wraps up. just learn to tell anyone who doesn't want to wrap up, to gtfo.

3 - personally feel it's better to have it in the open and try and address what makes people treat anyone like scum/be prejudiced just because of what occurs in private (between consenting adults)

so, nah. go stick a couple of fingers in your butt stewie.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ErikLensherr

Maybe if you'd had them baptised, then Satan wouldn't make them gay.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Random3
This is a pretty difficult question to even answer. I get what you are saying, from a purely objective view it might make a small amount of sense, but to ask the question is basically like asking "If you could turn your black friend white, would you?"

Also yes purely for banter.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by theguitarist
1 - way easy to get some, just go to a club instead of hoping to bump into someone at a coffee shop or work or some other dumb random shit. living in a big city and apps help.

2 - feels good though and prostate stimulation has beneficial effects as you get older. infection risks aren't too different from hetero people who sleep around a bunch, assuming everyone wraps up. just learn to tell anyone who doesn't want to wrap up, to gtfo.

3 - personally feel it's better to have it in the open and try and address what makes people treat anyone like scum/be prejudiced just because of what occurs in private (between consenting adults)

P much what I was going to say. 

Thanks, Orson.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I think it's a perfectly valid question. Tough one to answer.

That said, I'd argue in this age of smartphones/dating apps etc, it's actually currently easier for homosexuals to find partners. Well, I'm not sure in terms of finding sort of genuine romantic bonds, but it's definitely easier to get laid as a gay guy.
  Why is this thread still open? 
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Random3

oh yeah this too. 

being mixed race I've had the issue of having "black" people treat me as some kind of fake "black" person and "white" people treat me as some kind of "black" person and never any kind of "white". most people are cool these days (at least in a big city) in general situations but when it comes to romance/etc, there's often that "would they have been interested if I was fully white or black?" notably, I sometimes get a "not black enough" thing from white people who like darker skin persons or a simply and immediate "not my type" thing friendzone type shit because they have a mental picture of their perfect person being someone as white as them (black people aren't so stifled but there is that whole cultural desire for "light" brown people there causing that a little I always figured). I have had thoughts in my teens, about how much easier a lot of stuff would be if I was strongly one way or the other but I eventually came to the conclusion that it's as dumb as wishing you were born with a smaller nose or were two inches taller and I should just look past anyone treating me any differently due to my skin colour and hope eventually people give as little shit as other parts of a person's physical appearance. Same thing with romantic/sexual preferences (within reason due to the consent issue).

(quotation marks because I kinda hate the whole "white" "black" differentiation thing and rarely make the separation myself, all one race and all that)
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Being gay isn't a disability, so I wouldn't do it personally. They deserve the chance to live life as they are and gay people don't have a mega tough run through life nowadays. I'm not so narcissistic that I demand grandkids so a gay child wouldn't be a problem. 
"gay people have it pretty easy these days" 

haha

Id turn straight people gay for a year, maybe then they'd have a better insight and stop being such plebs
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Jun 14, 2017,
Quote by Bladez22

haha

oh yeah on my first point, it helps to be kinda cute.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
oh yeah on my first point, it helps to be kinda cute.

Wasn't talking about dating, I meant in life in general. over half of my gay friends have been physically assaulted, and I don't think any of them have never faced any harassment in one form or another. We've made great strides as a society, but we've ve got a long way to go yet
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by Bladez22
Wasn't talking about dating, I meant in life in general. over half of my gay friends have been physically assaulted, and I don't think any of them have never faced any harassment in one form or another. We've made great strides as a society, but we've ve got a long way to go yet

Maybe it's because all my gay acquaintances live in London and it might be more accepting of homosexuality that out in the country but they all live normal lives and are fairly accepted. The school years were probably hard for them but post-18 they haven't had any problems.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Maybe it's because all my gay acquaintances live in London and it might be more accepting of homosexuality that out in the country but they all live normal lives and are fairly accepted. The school years were probably hard for them but post-18 they haven't had any problems.

HUEHUEHUE
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Cities like London and Manchester are great for that stuff, it's the smaller places where you get the issues
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
#stewiethread
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I don't think I would.

However I think it's coming as the ability to edit genes is a rapidly growing field.
I could see a day babies are born "perfect" (whatever that entails at the time) and parents editing everything they don't want and adding what they day.

After a while we may have a seriously homogenized group of humans, which is not a good thing IMO.
Quote by Bladez22
Cities like London and Manchester are great for that stuff, it's the smaller places where you get the issues

It doesn't matter what you are, "Small town, big Hell"
Last edited by 33db at Jun 14, 2017,
if my baby was going to be StewieSwan i'd abort
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
like being 100% serious and objective you are a worthless sack of shit
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by Bladez22

haha

Id turn straight people gay for a year, maybe then they'd have a better insight and stop being such plebs

Or you could have something like a vaccination, but instead of a vaccination, people get bummed
Quote by ultimate-slash
Or you could have something like a vaccination, but instead of a vaccination, people get bummed

So being gay is a pain in the ass?
Quote by 33db
So being gay is a pain in the ass?

That's a stretch

edit: I meant 'That's a stretch-related issue"
Basic training, really
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by StewieSwan

1. Finding a partner is way harder. Your potential mates go from 50% to 3% just like that. And then of that 3% you gotta find the ones you like, that like you, etc. I can't imagine how frustrating it is.

Your points have merit but my gay friends have a waaaaay easier time getting laid than all my hetero bros.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I'd cure you of your urge to make shit threads. 
I find this hard to believe given that you haven't even cured yourself yet.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I find this hard to believe given that you haven't even cured yourself yet.

The only cure is having a life, something that eludes us all.
Personally I think gay people should be thought of as an important part of a large population structure. They are capable of contributing to the development of the population's society without causing an increase to the size of the population. Thus by "curing" gay people you would in fact adding those people back into the breeding portion of the population and increasing the rate at which the population grows.

Now you could argue that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but every little helps, right? Especially if you intend to go around curing diseases and extending the human lifespan through better conditions and options for life extending surgery but not expanding the amount of space humans have to exist, it's all going to add up.

Morally it would be wrong to the force them into being "cured" but if they opted in surely it would be fine? I mean we have euthanasia clinics in the world, opting in to change sexuality isn't on par with opting in to die. 
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by Random3

Quote by ErikLensherr

yea pretty much. Being gay in this world just seems like a shit show so if I could stop my child from having to go through that before they're even born with no harm coming to them then I'd maybe do it
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
well, let's consider this, from a strictly rational perspective (no libtard touchy feelies, snowflakes) --
the whole point of having a baby (for the male) is to spread one's genetic materials around. (that's bio 101, ok, sorry gender studies people.)
if some scientist goes in & changes the genetic materials, it is not really mine anymore, is it?

so, if you think about it, you are basically getting cucked.

🤔
Quote by JustRooster
Your points have merit but my gay friends have a waaaaay easier time getting laid than all my hetero bros.

I'm talkin' genuine life partner
Quote by K33nbl4d3
like being 100% serious and objective you are a worthless sack of shit

hey man, that's not nice
Quote by theguitarist

I'm talkin' life partner. It's hard to find one when 50% of the population is a potential. 3% sounds like a nightmare.

Infection isn't just STDs. The simple fact is that buttholes are not clean and anal sex often leads to microtears in the anus. Plus there's the risk of anal prolapses etc.

Admittedly it's the weakest point in OP, but it's still valid.

Additionally, why the fuck is everyone here cool with aborting a baby, but not editing its genes to make it straight? I mean, seriously.

Exit only
Quote by StewieSwan
the day is coming when the leftards will say "ugh, how DARE you want to cure down syndrome. they're fine just the way they are. do you hate people with down syndrome? fuckin bigot"

just wait for it

You should read this article from a right wing newspaper

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/03/22/downs-syndrome-people-risk-extinction-at-the-hands-of-science-fe/