https://soundcloud.com/mrlinssi/of-iron-and-blood

Here's something inspired by Mick Gordon. I haven't attempted doing anything this "massive" before...a friend of mine felt that there was a bit too much compression going on (besides the soundcloud-downgrade), what are your thoughts? (C4C, obviously)
Last edited by GuitarManiac110 at Jun 14, 2017,
Right away I think the drums here are lacking a bit of power. I feel they should have more BOOM! you know. 

The build is good with the keyboards and everything, I like all the rumbling and the entry of the guitar. The layers are cool! I like how you kept adding things, like that keyboard bit near the end and overall it's pretty cool. It all creates this big sound and it's very effective. I just feel it might sound cooler with an extra kick from the drums. Otherwise it's well composed, cool sounding and would fit this scene you tried to create with it. Nicely done!

This is my silly ol' stuff 
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1747174 
Hey thanks for the review earlier!  Love the ominous feel of this one starting out.  Good layers, good mix.  Would make a good album intro.  Good job!
Apparently luck isn't on my side when it comes to commenting on this thread... First time, I accidentally closed the tab, then on the second my PC rebooted.

So now I've finally got around to it, when it comes to that heavy intimidating industrial sound, you've totally pulled it off!
I'm a big fan of Mick's work on Doom and Wolfenstein, so I can hear all the little Mick-isms (like the synth at about 1:26) in there and it completely works.
I think it needs more of an ending and there are some little mix issues (the drums need more punch and more room, and the overall mix needs to be brightened up a bit).
Oh, and excellent orchestral programming, but given your other stuff, that's not surprising

Overall, it sounds loud and claustrophobic and noisy and that's the point and I love it! 
Hey! Sorry for taking so long to answer, I've been busy as fuck,

I'll start the review saying that the production sounds amazing, you can hear stuff in movies and videogames that sounds weaker than this, every instument sounds thick and smooth, the only downside here for me is that the cymbals and HH sound kind of weak but this is not the type of song where this would be a problem, it fits very well, they sound more subtle, letting you focus more on the atmosphere of the song which is where this song shines. The work with synths/samples sounds amazing, I can't really say if there's anything I'd improve because I wouldn't even know where to start trying to do something like this with synths.

Very well made track, I've said many times reviewing your songs that they would be very fitting for media stuff like movies, games, ads, whatever, I hope you find the right path and contacts to go and make some money with this because it sounds pretty legit, like I said I keep listening to popular OSTs and all and I keep finding that some of it sounds weak compared to the stuff I hear from do-it-yourself artists sometimes, keep going, I wish you well!
Quote by VStratto Music
Hey! Sorry for taking so long to answer, I've been busy as fuck,

I'll start the review saying that the production sounds amazing, you can hear stuff in movies and videogames that sounds weaker than this, every instument sounds thick and smooth, the only downside here for me is that the cymbals and HH sound kind of weak but this is not the type of song where this would be a problem, it fits very well, they sound more subtle, letting you focus more on the atmosphere of the song which is where this song shines. The work with synths/samples sounds amazing, I can't really say if there's anything I'd improve because I wouldn't even know where to start trying to do something like this with synths.

Very well made track, I've said many times reviewing your songs that they would be very fitting for media stuff like movies, games, ads, whatever, I hope you find the right path and contacts to go and make some money with this because it sounds pretty legit, like I said I keep listening to popular OSTs and all and I keep finding that some of it sounds weak compared to the stuff I hear from do-it-yourself artists sometimes, keep going, I wish you well!

Wow, thanks! I'm actually in the process of sending some tracks to stock music libraries...would be nice to get something out of those, new gear ain't cheap.
Hey GuitarManiac! Sorry for the delay in C4C response!

I'm gonna crit as I go!

Absolutely loving the intro. Holy shit, epic atmosphere status. Loving the lead theme that comes in around :29. Very, very heavy. In particular when the guitar comes in, and it all comes together at 1:08. Love it, love it, love it. The blend of sounds in this song are amazing!!! That weird effect that pops in around 2:00 is killer in the mix, which by the way (aside from a few slightly noticeable compression issues) is brilliant. You did a great job blending and mixing the synth/symphony with the rest of the instruments. I could EASILY see this on a video game or music soundtrack. If this is the first time you've attempted something like this, and it turned out THIS well, I definitely want to hear some more!

Awesome work, and some of the best of its' kind I've heard on UG in a long while!

I liked it !! It was awesome !
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.