Poll: Which guitar should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar should I get?
Alvarez AG75CE
0 0%
Alvarez LJ60
0 0%
Ibanez AC240
0 0%
Cort L100C
0 0%
Cort L300V
0 0%
Voters: 0.
Hi I'm a beginner guitar player and I'm looking to buy a guitar that's below 600 SGD. I've went to different stores to try the guitars available and I've narrowed down to these few guitars:

Alvarez AG75CE
Alvarez LJ60
Ibanez AC240
Cort L300V
Cort L100C

When trying out the ibanez AC240 and Cort L300V, I realised that my bars don't ring out cleanly, especially the 3rd string when I play the F minor bar shape. However, when trying the Alvarez guitars, my bars were all really clean. I didn't get to try the Cort L100C as it wasn't in stock.

After checking online, I found out the nut width of the Alvarez, Cort and Ibanez guitars are different. Might this be the cause of the issue?

Also, might it have been caused by the actions of the guitars? Cause I really want the Ibanez and Cort guitars as I want a grand concert or grand auditorium sized guitar. The AG75CE feels a little too big for me as according to Alvarez's website, it's manufactured to be dreadnought size with a grand auditorium body shape and dreadnoughts feel a little too big to play comfortably for me. I also don't want a 3/4 size guitar as my "main" guitar as I feel that it's not gonna be beneficial in the long run.

Which guitar do you guys think I should get? Idk if the questions above are legit but I really want to make sure I get the right first guitar for myself. Thanks all in advance
Last edited by yeejiat99 at Jun 14, 2017,
Of the ones you mention I'd personally go for the Cort L300V - nice guitar. But like Tony say there are lots of other good brands around (and Recording King is one of my favourites).