Hello all,

I currently have a Victory V40 with a 1x12 cab and while being a super nice amp I'm thinking about getting something that can do a little more drive. I also kind of want a combo that isn't much bigger than the 12 inch speaker itself since I'll be living in a pretty small space soon.

Unfortunately i'm probably biased towards tube amps and also probably want something with the big bottles (EL34 or 6L6 instead of EL84 etc). I suppose the wattage doesn't need to be very high either (? switchable is always good). However i'll definitely check out a SS amp.

Looking forward to any recommendations, thanks
We need to know:
budget
genres
new/used
location (affects price)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Budget?
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

The Carvin V3M combo would probably tick all your boxes.  But I don't know how much they'd cost in your country.
https://carvinaudio.com/collections/v3m-series/products/v3mc

Great. Yeah selection is a little limited in Aus sometimes. I've had a TA-15 which was cool but a little lacking in balls, i'm guessing the 30 has different electronics. The Carvin looks really interesting. Thanks
The TA-30 has more wattage; not sure about any else.  That wattage might give you the extra balls, but there's no guarantee.

On the SS front, I've become a recent afficionado of Quilter amps.  Probably not cheap where you are, but they are prewired for most different voltages, have great cleans, and can do all kinds of genres with the right pedals.  A couple models have headphone jacks.  They also introduced a 2x8 cab this year into which you can lock some of the smaller heads, functionally making them into combos.