Hi, I have this  Squier telecaster of mine which has been around for 1 year.

I had this idea of changing the bridge pickup to a humbucer. 

Currently the bridge pickup is a  Seymour Duncan quarter pound single coil. Now I really love that pickup when i crank it up to high gain however, it is a single coil.

I Just wish that it has the same tone but only in a humbucker size. 

So right now my options are:

Seymour duncan JB
Seymour duncan JB antiquity
Seymour duncan SH 5
Bill Lawrence L500XL  

And the telecaster has its pickup angled. I was wondering if angling a humbucker on a telecaster makes a diffrence rather than just angling it straight like a telecaster  H-H or  tele plus.

I really like green day's tone, sum 41's, Van Halen,etc.  I like the kinda tone that is mid range (but not too much), punchy, bright and a more overdriven sound rather than distortion.  (ex: Green day vs Blink-182) where blink 182 Is like Messa distortion while Green day is like Marshall overdrive.

SQUIER TELECASTER AFFINITY SERIES
Specs: 
Alder body
Maple neck and fret board
Seymour duncan quarter pound bridge
Stock neck pickup 

Hopefully the spec's would help on predicting each of the pickup's sound to my guitar wood.
Well first you have to figure out if the affinity even has a route for humbuckers because if it doesnt then it wont fit.

Then youll have to get another bridge plate that fits humbuckers and have that installed as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is you might want to get a hotter neck pickup to match the HBs output so you wont have that much of a volume jump when you switch pickups but thats a minor thing I guess.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well first you have to figure out if the affinity even has a route for humbuckers because if it doesnt then it wont fit.

Then youll have to get another bridge plate that fits humbuckers and have that installed as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is you might want to get a hotter neck pickup to match the HBs output so you wont have that much of a volume jump when you switch pickups but thats a minor thing I guess.

This^

Also if the route is accomodating then the Duncan JB and L500XL are both great choices, if you go for the L500XL get the Wilde Pickups version as it is actually made by Bill Lawrence's family. Bill Lawrence USA pickups are not.

http://www.wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 15, 2017,
You like the tone, but not the size? Is it because of single coil hum? The JB doesn't sound much like a Quarter Pound (or VH, even)..it is much louder, and the upper mids are more present. It is a great hard rock sound, though. Besides the routing, you would probably need a new bridge if it a s traditional Tele one, though. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Mincer H4T3BR33D3R 

Ofc I would change the traditional bridge and all that. I just need to buy the humbucker bridge plate , the humbucker itself and finally saw  body (bridge area) So i can fit the humbucker. It will kinda look abit nasty if the guys did it roughly but i wish not.

What i'm trying to say is, I want to replace my bridge quarter pound to a humbucker. Any Ideas which of the pickups I mentioned would give me the tone I want ?

Well I got this idea, since I saw alot of strat's brige pickup  are replaced with humbuckers from their traditional single coils...

Was wondering if it might work with my tele.
Mincer Well I know the fact that JB's works well with bright wood materials

I was wondering if a JB antiquity or JB works well with say any telecaster with a maple neck and alder body..
Last edited by 477mika1 at Jun 16, 2017,
Mincer
Btw I said : I Just wish that it has the same tone but only in a humbucker size.

If there is any humbucker where its tone is simillar to the quarterpounds... If there are none than its ok
Say saturday night special bridge pickup ???
The Bass Mid and Treble levels looks simillar to the quarterpound..

I dont know if those levels actually makes a difference/similarrity
The SNS pickup is a lot more open sounding than the QP. Nothing really sounds like the QP, but EQ-wise, I'd say the Custom Custom
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
A S Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge position is a very good choice, this is an easy upgrade. Plug & Play

Last edited by Gold_Concept at Jun 17, 2017,