Page 1 of 2
so if you don't believe in ghosts, what actually causes the stories of moving furniture and smashed glasses? how do you guys explain it?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/scottish-family-offer-%C2%A350000-for-new-nanny-after-five-quit-in-a-year-because-of-haunted-house/ar-BBCCAai?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp

these people are offering 50k salary for a nanny for their house because they keep quitting cos the house makes weird noises n shit in the night. how does stuff like this even happen? i swear at night my house makes some weird ass noises which don't even sound like small animals.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
negative auras and their resonances
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
People on drugs I reckon.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Infrasound, barely perceptibly canted floors, the unquiet dead, placebo effect....
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Infrasound, barely perceptibly canted floors, the unquiet dead, placebo effect....

Came here to say infrasound, crazy phenomenon. Heard of a haunted tower block that was only a few years old, turns out there's a highway/motorway about half a mile away with an overpass that vibrates at a super low frequency when high volumes of traffic are using it, the shape of the overpass was acting like a giant speaker throwing all the infrasound waves straight at this tower block which was tripping everyone inside the fuck out

hilarious stuff 
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Exposure to gas leaks can lead to altered states of mind (fear/agitation/discomfort) and can mess with your senses.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Infrasound

Oh, that's interesting. Never heard that one before.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
Last edited by Zaphikh at Jun 15, 2017,
Ghosts
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Zaphikh
Usually gas leaks are responsible for all observed phenomena. Exposure to gas leaks can lead to altered states of mind (fear/agitation/discomfort) and can mess with your senses.

Oh, that's interesting. Never heard that one before.

*rimshot*
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
..., the unquiet dead,....

im sorry what now?
Quote by laid-to-waste
im sorry what now?

You know, noisy deados.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Various materials the house is made of expanding and contracting due to temperature changes throughout the day is another one that people conveniently forget when there are strange noises.

As for shit moving? I dunno, probably a glitch.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
1. The power of suggestion

2. Watching horror movies on Netflix

3. Twisted friends/family members playing pranks

4. Aliens (extra terrestrial)

5. Illegal aliens

6. Undocumented immigrants 

7. Poltergeists

8. Zeitgeists

9. Your cat/cats pranking you

10. E.S.P.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jun 16, 2017,
Ectoplasm

Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
auditory hallucinations mostly
people hear all kinds of shit on their own, the house doesn't even have to be very old
you put a sane person in this room, shut off the lights, and they'll be freaking out after an hour

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
people hear all kinds of shit on their own, the house doesn't even have to be very old
you put a sane person in this room, shut off the lights, and they'll be freaking out after an hour

Veritasium disproved this.

#Ziggy2017
Quote by k.lainad

do you have to be quiet when you go there, or can you sing
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

disproved what?
the room is quiet af, that's the only point i was making lol
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)

Quote by slapsymcdougal
*rimshot*

Thank you, slapsy.
Ах, так вы не пьете и не курите?
Хорошо для вас: вы здоровым умрете!
You know, with nearly every person on the planet now having 24 hour access to a video/audio recorder ( i.e. a smartphone) you would think we would now be flooded with actual clear evidence of miracles and supernatural events - odd how there  haven't been any...not even a single one.

Always a good day when I can pull out this old meme.
Quote by k.lainad
disproved what?
the room is quiet af, that's the only point i was making lol
He tried staying alone in a dark anechoic chamber for over an hour and felt perfectly fine.

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
He tried staying alone in a dark anechoic chamber for over an hour and felt perfectly fine.

he must have been crazy from the start
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by The_Blode

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.

Quote by k.lainad
he must have been crazy from the start

#Ziggy2017
i hear you all about the infrasound n all, but it's almost dark out here in the farms atm and there was this scratching noise insie the walls, u guys r all wrong its definitely some fucked up ghost in my house man. infrasound doesn't scratch like that bro.
ur mom
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by laid-to-waste
i hear you all about the infrasound n all, but it's almost dark out here in the farms atm and there was this scratching noise insie the walls, u guys r all wrong its definitely some fucked up ghost in my house man. infrasound doesn't scratch like that bro.

Cenobites, m8. 
Quote by Diemon Dave
I believe in spirits so i say ghosts are actually what make houses haunted.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
in all fairness, he went to the quiet room at BYU, in Utah, which is quiet but not as quiet as the one in Minneapolis
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by laid-to-waste
so if you don't believe in ghosts, what actually causes the stories of moving furniture and smashed glasses? how do you guys explain it?.

Basically anything possible ever in the physical universe that could be able to smash glasses and move furniture. Anything is more plausible than ghosts, even quantum teleportation or a small black hole distorting spacetime or some shit.

Like, really, before saying a house is haunted convince your friends that it is the focus of a quantum entanglement 9th-dimentional rift. Much more likely to be true (and more badass)
Quote by Baby Joel
in all fairness, he went to the quiet room at BYU, in Utah, which is quiet but not as quiet as the one in Minneapolis
Ahh, maybe it's not conclusive then.

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Ghosts

I don't think there's any other explanation.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by laid-to-waste
so if you don't believe in ghosts, what actually causes the stories of moving furniture and smashed glasses? how do you guys explain it?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/scottish-family-offer-%C2%A350000-for-new-nanny-after-five-quit-in-a-year-because-of-haunted-house/ar-BBCCAai?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp

these people are offering 50k salary for a nanny for their house because they keep quitting cos the house makes weird noises n shit in the night. how does stuff like this even happen? i swear at night my house makes some weird ass noises which don't even sound like small animals.

Too many drugs and an over active imagination
Quote by snipelfritz
I don't think there's any other explanation.
Demons, but let's be realistic.

#Ziggy2017
Remember that one guy who came here and was like "I took video of my basement and my furniture moved and my camera stopped and was flung across the room, what was it? Do you guys know?" and he made a really crappy "ghost" fly up in the camera just before shutting off? Lmao.

Edit: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1689217

That said, I do believe in ghosts. Mom said she caught me talking to what looked like my deceased great grandmother when I was a kid. >_>
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 15, 2017,
The house I lived in growing up was 150+ years old. It was housed by people who worked near the harbor. When my parents were remodeling the house, they found newspapers dating the late 1800s within the floorboards.

Growing up my sister and I would hear children laughing in the attic, the doors would randomly open by themselves, my whole family would hear footsteps going up the steps to the third story of the house when we were all together. The weirdest thing I ever had happen to me in my house was my family went to Florida for a week and when we came back I went to my room, only to find all my action figure toys standing up perfectly staring at my bedroom door when I walked in. Action figures that were barely ever played with and some that I even had difficulty propping up myself were standing perfectly looking towards my bedroom door.

I dont know if haunted houses exist or not, but there's weird shit out there.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Page 1 of 2