I'd like to take a Fender USA Strat with their 2 point bridge that has bushings in the body and covert it to a Floyd Rose (flush against the body is fine/what I want/not floating). The bushings are obviously not in the right place. Has anyone done this conversion or point me somewhere (thread etc) that speaks to this? One, I'd have to get the old bushings out, fill the holes? Secondly, is there a template for drilling the new bushing holes that matches up with USA bridge post holes (I know there is for a 6 point bridge/can't find one for a 2 point). I'm also kind of wondering if there would be enough wood between where the bushings will go and where the pickup cavity is routed. I'm going to try to attach a sample photo as an example of what I'm talking about.  Thanks in advance! Chris
Attachments:
USABridge.pdf
If you have any intention whatsoever on selling this guitar in the future, do not do what you're thinking about doing. Just don't.

Don't hold your breath that a 2-point Fender bridge is going to have its studs in the correct place. Even if the threaded inserts were in the correct place laterally, their position longitudinally is going to be a crapshoot as well. If those are in the wrong place, your guitar is going to be impossible to intonate properly.

It's far more likely that you'll need to take the old bushings out, plug the holes and finish over them. Not an easy task, especially the finishing part.

There is no template that is going to tell you where exactly the bridge needs to go, because different guitars have different intonation points. If you want to know where the holes for the new bushings are to be drilled, take an engineering drawing of the bridge you're going to buy to determine the post spacing, and then determine the exact intonation point of the guitar using this:

https://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator.html

This will tell you exactly where the saddles need to be located longitudinally along the guitar. Once you've lined up the string spacing correctly and positioned the bridge in the exact place according to the calculator, drill the holes for the inserts right where the knife edges are sitting on the guitar.

Needless to say, this isn't a job for someone who isn't confident hogging out holes in their prized $1000 guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
t00deepblue is right, I'd keep it the way it is and buy a charvel 
And what work in stone could compare with the majesty of trees?