I would like to buy http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss/Katana-KTN-50-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier.gc but i've been wondering: would that be a bad idea?

I like the crate because of the footswitch, and the delay, flange, chorus, reverb effects, the overdrive, and the loudness of it

But i want something with more versatility. I'm tired of the boring sterile tone. Would buying the Katana be a mistake??
Last edited by 3digdug2 at Jun 16, 2017,
What's your budget?
What are you doing with your current amp? Gigging, recording, rocking out in your room?
What music do you play? What artists do you like?

I've heard good things about the Katana, but wether it fits you is contingent on your situation. 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
bjgrifter
My budget is 300 or under
I'm using it as a practice amp, so i guess rocking out
I play a lot of the Big 4s stuff, the 90s Grunge/Alternative stuff, and some of the Sex Pistol's stuff.
The Katana could work. Also consider a Marshall DSL15 or 40 (the 40 might be a little over your budget) as well as the Fender Mustang series or Peavey Vypyr. 

The main strike against the Katana is that it's so new, the long-term hasn't been evaluated. I would try one out just to be sure. 

If you need a headphone jack, keep that in mind as well. I know the DSL series does not have those.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by 3digdug2
I would like to buy http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss/Katana-KTN-50-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier.gc but i've been wondering: would that be a bad idea?

I like the crate because of the footswitch, and the delay, flange, chorus, reverb effects, the overdrive, and the loudness of it

But i want something with more versatility. I'm tired of the boring sterile tone. Would buying the Katana be a mistake??

That model Crate amp has a lot of built in effects and what not so how much more or what kind of  versatility are we talking here? If you are looking for a more of an organic tone you could always go for a tube amp. If the speakers are decent in the Crate you might just buy a guitar tube head (full or hybrid) and use the crate as a makeshift 2x12 cab. They have plenty of tube heads out there new for $300 and under and more options if buying used.