NEW Johnny A Spruce Top Ltd

The Johnny A. Spruce Top series from Gibson blends the snappy and responsive personality of a large, long-scale archtop guitar into a small form with great balance and feel. Its rich, lively tone comes from a solid mahogany body that’s been carved to create a semi-hollow chamber underneath a solid, carved spruce top. Impressive throwback aesthetics harken back to the rare spruce top doubleneck guitars made by Gibson in the late 1950s.
Scale length: 25.5”
Neck pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)  
Bridge pickup: Custom Bucker (Alnico III)

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Epiphone just released a Johnny A version. I have one on order but they are not available for shipping yet. Can't wait. The Epiphone version is $1,000. I can't afford the $4,000-6000 Gibson version but I can afford the Epiphone. The Epi has 57 Classic pups.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jun 16, 2017,
I just decided to check with the on line site I have the Epiphone Johnny A per-ordered on to see if they had any updates on when they would be available to ship. I was told that they will not be available for at least another month and while they were originally hoping to receive about 150 of the guitars for sale, they have been  cut back by Epiphone to 100 and I am not one of the early 100 that per-ordered. I am on the "alternate" list should anyone cancel. That's not good. Apparently the initial run on these are totally sold out everywhere I have looked so far. 
The other Gibby Johnny A models (and indeed the Epis, though I'm not a huge fan of flametops) all have nicer-looking finishes imo.

The natural and Tobacco burst are both alright but a bit bright, the Clownburst is just heinous
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Gold_Concept

Are those guitars really big, or is the house really small?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Are those guitars really big, or is the house really small?
It does say they're long scale archtops.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
It does say they're long scale archtops.

Good point, and/or

Makes u think.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
If I can get anything resembling Johnny A's tone out of it, I want one. 

The Gibson Johnny A Signature Semi-hollow Bigsby is fantastic but expensive.

@@@@@   

@ Rickholly74 :  This is not the same guitar .
Last edited by Gold_Concept at Jun 17, 2017,