I have a Fender SC 112 cabinet that has a 12” Celestion® G12P-80 speaker in it which I use with a 15 watt EVH 5150III LBXII head.  

The power rating of the 12” Celestion® G12P-80 is 80 watts at 8ohms.  I was considering replacing it with a Celestion G12M Greenback 25W, 12" Guitar Speaker.  Since the amp head is only 15 watts I figure I'm in the safe zone from damaging the Greenback.  

I really like the growl the 10" Greenback in my Fender Super Champ X2 has in its sound.  

I'm hoping I can get the same kind of growl with a 12" in my Fender cab by replacing the G12P-80 which I think is a cheaper speaker to begin with.  

Your thoughts,
Gosss
Last edited by Gosss at Jun 16, 2017,
yeah should be fine. most people hope that the 10" greenback sounds like the 12" one, not the other way round, lol. I've only tried the 12" one so should be an upgrade at any rate, i think the g12p80 is a 70/80, which is middling at best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?