View poll results: would you
y
2 20%
n
8 80%
Voters: 10.
admist all the "lol would you cure (silly thing) would you" threads this one is

serious

one thing that is almost universally feared by all sheeple is the ultimately unstoppable moment they cease to live. curing death would mean, well, humans would no longer die. what would that look like?

would we still age? would we continually build up health problems but never succumb to them? or maybe we would stop aging altogether? would we stop aging at a certain age- maybe at our "physical prime"? what would happen to childbirth- would it somehow be naturally abolished or would be have to unnaturally stop it? would we not stop childbirth but rather routinely throw away some of our immortals into space? (sounds like a good book or movie idea)

and if we want to get really real, it seems like we, as a society, are already trying to cure death. medical knowledge has improved exponentially over the past century, and people are living longer lives- but ultimately people will still die. even if they didn't, we would not only have to cure death but cure aging as well- or we would all live frail lives with our incompetent bodies.

not only that, but for some people, death is the primary driving force in their lives that makes them get up and do something. the idea that you only have 80-ish years to make a difference in the world means that time is limited. if time was not limited, would we stop doing stuff? would the death cure ultimately mean we would stop progressing as a race?

really

would curing death be worth it?

and i'm really going to be a jerk here

would you stop your loved ones from dying if you could? your grandma who passed, your mom who passed, your dad, sibling, friend, etc. would you have stopped them from dying? if the cure had to be given multiple times, when would you decide to stop giving the cure? what would a society like that ultimately end up being like? is it worth it?
Last edited by Will Lane at Jun 16, 2017,
I don't know, I guess my family if they wanted it, but I'd certainly make them think about it.  They still believe in an afterlife an whatnot.

I don't, I'd like to live longer, but somedays I don't really want too.  It's a difficult question.  But knowing I'll live to see the far future might be a drive to do so. 
there is no purpose to life without death
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Cure aging now.

And we will eventually. Too bad most of us were likely born a few generations too soon.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by k.lainad
there is no purpose to life without death
1. this
2. No probably not. Universal constants and such.
3. If I were like, godlike in power I would probably do it for 20 years just to see what would happen

this is a more interesting thread subject imo
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I don't wanna be a stinky elf
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
we can cure death -- through accepting Jesus Christ as Our Lord & Saviour!
Quote by Will Lane
admist all the "lol would you cure (silly thing) would you" threads this one is

serious

one thing that is almost universally feared by all sheeple is the ultimately unstoppable moment they cease to live. curing death would mean, well, humans would no longer die. what would that look like?

would we still age? would we continually build up health problems but never succumb to them? or maybe we would stop aging altogether? would we stop aging at a certain age- maybe at our "physical prime"? what would happen to childbirth- would it somehow be naturally abolished or would be have to unnaturally stop it? would we not stop childbirth but rather routinely throw away some of our immortals into space? (sounds like a good book or movie idea)

and if we want to get really real, it seems like we, as a society, are already trying to cure death. medical knowledge has improved exponentially over the past century, and people are living longer lives- but ultimately people will still die. even if they didn't, we would not only have to cure death but cure aging as well- or we would all live frail lives with our incompetent bodies.

not only that, but for some people, death is the primary driving force in their lives that makes them get up and do something. the idea that you only have 80-ish years to make a difference in the world means that time is limited. if time was not limited, would we stop doing stuff? would the death cure ultimately mean we would stop progressing as a race?

really

would curing death be worth it?

and i'm really going to be a jerk here

would you stop your loved ones from dying if you could? your grandma who passed, your mom who passed, your dad, sibling, friend, etc. would you have stopped them from dying? if the cure had to be given multiple times, when would you decide to stop giving the cure? what would a society like that ultimately end up being like? is it worth it?

Being-towards-death is an important concept that gives us humanity, as you understand already from your post, so no. Death is important and necessary for life, and fuck the "upload muh consciousness" crowd trying to fux around with playing God. Maybe if we got to Foundation intergalactic levels it'd be more feasible or less cringeworthy to cure it
something something quantum immortality
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
No there's too many old people puttering around as it is.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.