In the past I always left the strings on the electric when I stored it for a long time, I would detune them ~1.5 to 2 steps.
What do you folks think about long term storage with no strings at all?
Last edited by 33db at Jun 17, 2017,
I doubt it will affect anything adversely.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by AcousticMirror
I mean why would you pull all the strings off if you didn't have too.

There was a problem with the bridge on the Agile, the finish had flaked and the metal was degraded, sent an email to them they sent out a new bridge literally 1 day later, which was cool.

But this Strat I've been screwing with for months now has finally settled into being playable, so I thought I would store the Agile string free and play the Strat for a while.

If the Agile is out on its stand, I will always pick up that over the Strat.
I am guesstimating that because they are made to have tension on them that storing them with strings would prol' be a safe bet. 
slack up the strings a little bit, control the environment and you will be fine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Tony Done
I've stored acoustics for long periods just with the strings slackened, in a fairly stable environment. I would likely keep a little tension on the strings of an electric to reduce the risk of back-bow.

Yeah I'm putting strings on it.
Guitars are designed to have string tension on them. So long as you store the guitar in a stable environment, and don't set the neck into a backbow with the truss rod, I don't see what damage can be done.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend