Hi guys! 

I'm about to buy myself a new electroacoustic guitar. This two are my options (because of the money issue, you know!!). Which one do you think would be the best in terms of sound quality? I've been reading a lot about the materials that are used to make this guitars, and apparently they are not entirely made of wood, which kind of dissapoints me, but I have tryied them both, and they sound just great. Personally, I'm now more on the Martin, but perhaps it is because the guy in the store who showed me the D'Angélico, wouldn't allow me to play with it, and I did played with the Martin, and the sound was wonderful:

http://dangelicoguitars.com/guitars/excel-series/lexington-sd-300/#DAASD300CSB
https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/x-series/dxmae/

Thanks for reading!!
Wow, you didn't get any replies or advice, and it's been up since June?!  I just joined here, and was reading the older posts when I saw yours.  I hope you got some good advice somewhere-if you did, let me know, and I'll join that forum instead.
Quote by bluespiderweb
Wow, you didn't get any replies or advice, and it's been up since June?!  I just joined here, and was reading the older posts when I saw yours.  I hope you got some good advice somewhere-if you did, let me know, and I'll join that forum instead.

Unless you have something to offer directly as to purchase advice, why don't you spare us the critique?

Both of the guitars the TS has listed are not typical of our 1st time acoustic buyer recommendations

The D'Angelico is a fairly limited distribution. "Adirondack guitar" lists several of their guitars both left and right handed models.

Any of the Martin "X" series are constructed with a material similar to "Formica". Some people love 'em, some people hate them, or at the very least, dislike the construction material. But then, some people are "head stock snobs", and believe any Martin worth buying is a solid wood, American made $1`,500.00 minimum purchase required.

As far as who responded to the thread, sometimes it's better to say nothing, if you don't have any direct experience with the exact product.

Take you for example, you apparently don't know anything about either guitar, yet you joined to run your yap at our membership.

To be perfectly blunt, if you are going to, "take your ball and go home", so to speak, you could investigate joining "the Acoustic Guitar Forum". I'm sure they're willing to listen to a bunch of crap from a "one post wonder", much more so than myself .

I'm going to provide the link to AGF: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php

BTW "Welcome to Ultimate Guitar".
I'm sure you'll find many other sub forums with varied topics which may, (or may not), live up to your expectations. You don't have to truncate your stay here, by virtue of one thread which you find upsetting.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 15, 2017,

"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Quote by Captaincranky

As far as who responded to the thread, sometimes it's better to say nothing, if you don't have any direct experience with the exact product.

I don't mind offering opinions, as you know, but I would have passed on this for the reason you suggest. - Lack of experience with the D'Angelico and lack of excitement over Martins - for cosmetic reasons in this particular instance. I agree that AGF would be the place to try, if you can tolerate the soundhole sniffers.
Tony Done  Well Tony, "D'Angelico", is an old US brand, based in New York. They seem to be attempting a comeback of sorts, via the same route as every other US guitar maker, with Asian or Mexican imports.

With these being limited distribution, about all I can or could have said was, "well Adirondack stocks them".  Dennis' business is web based, (in large part), so the only way you get to sniff those sound holes, is after the FedEx truck drops it on your porch.

Ya know, I guess we'd have to know who the OEM is, who designed the guitar,  and read a couple of reviews, (from a non compensated source), to even make a dumb guess, let alone an educated one.

So, back to the Cyndi Lauper video. Do you recognize the guitar the gentleman is playing? There's a "M" on the headstock, and it's not a Martin.

What's your take on the guitarist's lineage? He looks a bit Asian and a bit Native American. Is it possible he's a "local boy"? (Part of full Aborigine)? 

Feel free to answer, (obviously, if at your discretion), in the "Kristen & Rooster" thread, you won't confuse me a bit.

BTW, if I don't get a response, I'm going to post some "trash talk", in the first thread I come to.  
Quote by Captaincranky
Unless you have something to offer directly as to purchase advice, why don't you spare us the critique?

Both of the guitars the TS has listed are not typical of our 1st time acoustic buyer recommendations

The D'Angelico is a fairly limited distribution. "Adirondack guitar" lists several of their guitars both left and right handed models.

Any of the Martin "X" series are constructed with a material similar to "Formica". Some people love 'em, some people hate them, or at the very least, dislike the construction material. But then, some people are "head stock snobs", and believe any Martin worth buying is a solid wood, American made $1`,500.00 minimum purchase required.

Take you for example, you apparently don't know anything about either guitar, yet you joined to run your yap at our membership.

To be perfectly blunt, if you are going to, "take your ball and go home", so to speak, you could investigate joining "the Acoustic Guitar Forum". I'm sure they're willing to listen to a bunch of crap from a "one post wonder", much more so than myself .

I'm going to provide the link to AGF: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php

BTW "Welcome to Ultimate Guitar". I'm sure you'll find many other sub forums with varied topics which may, (or may not), live up to your expectations. You don't have to truncate your stay here, by virtue of one thread which you find upsetting.

Sometimes it's all in a name.  If you choose not to respond to someone asking genuine questions, that's fine, but no one even tried to help this guy, and I think I know why.  But if that is so, you can have your forum, and cranky members too, who want to eat popcorn to see how this all pans out.  It won't, I'm done here only because of your responses to me and non-response from anyone here to the OP.  See you in the funny papers!
Quote by bluespiderweb
Sometimes it's all in a name.  If you choose not to respond to someone asking genuine questions, that's fine, but no one even tried to help this guy, and I think I know why.  But if that is so, you can have your forum, and cranky members too, who want to eat popcorn to see how this all pans out.  It won't, I'm done here only because of your responses to me and non-response from anyone here to the OP.  See you in the funny papers!

Well, myself and other regular members, do put in a considerable amount of time, not in asking for help, (which I almost never do), but rather giving it. So, if one thread did fall through the cracks, it surely isn't the big deal or tragedy, ("tragedia" in Espanol), you're making it out to be.

Thus far, you've contributed nothing but condescension. (I'm guessing 10 or 15 minutes tops).  While it's sad to see you go so soon, I'll offer you this blessing for the road, "may the winds of misfortune blow your SJW snowflake a** to the nearest hot car hood. It's been real...
Quote by bluespiderweb

You are the cringiest person to post in a while.  So for that reason I really would love if you stayed.  
"I definitely don’t write all my music in a blackout, like I used to, although I did come up with some good stuff in a blackout."
-Matt Fucking Pike
Badluckpalms  Someone gave me my  nickname nearly 40 years ago, about an unrelated matter.

But, as a screen name, it seems to work as a lightning rod for punks, assholes, and "social justice warriors". Modern "political correctness" has become the "tail which wags the internet dog". If you want to listen to trolls masquerading as "righters of wrongs", you'll find them in abundance in every comment section of every forum on the web. No matter what you've done or didn't do, they'll be there to call you on it.

In "Mr. Web's'" case, he zeroed in on my screen name and thought he was going to play the SJW's "trump card", which is indignation. "I'm appalled, blah, blah, blah", without rejoinder.  Orr....., maybe he was looking for someone to inflict his righteous indignation upon.  Who knows, who cares".

Thus far, "Mr.Webb" has shown no interest in offering to help, or any knowledge of guitar, just lessons in his very superior brand of forum etiquette.

While I'm not Patrick Henry, I respect your right to your beliefs. Myself, I hope he winds up locked in a Port-A-Potty, on the back of a truck to Nowhere's-ville, North Korea.
Epilogue: 

What to my poor wondering eyes should appear, but a D'Angelico ad in the header veneer. It mercifully was silent, but then there arose such a clatter, of an obnoxious video ad, not spreading good cheer. The pounding of message was quite a thick slather , I'd rather listen to the pounding of reindeer hooves, not that I matter.....
Captaincranky I was entirely sarcastic and I enjoyed your comments 100%  

FWIW
-Matt Fucking Pike
Badluckpalms Well, I've never seen "cringe", modified to an adverb, so I knew something was up. In truth, I should thank you for providing the segue I needed to continue my "observations".

SJWs have honestly deluded themselves into believing they matter. What is actually, "the truth" today, is so heavily tainted from an abundance of minority group's sustained propaganda campaigns, that many people can no longer differentiate their "feelings, beliefs, and opinions", on any given topic, from the reality everything they believe has been beat into their heads. In reality, there are many people merely "re-tweeting" what they've heard, or (allegedly), learned about life, without any critical thought on their part..

Consider this, 93% of all blacks voted for Obama in the 2012 election, while 58 % of white males voted for Romney. Other categories pluralities were different, even those of white women.

Yet, if you asked a percentage based cross section of Americans, they would tell you that "whites are racist, while blacks are not". If you asked clowns like Mr. web, they would make the blanket statement "no blacks are racist, all whites are. (I hope you're able to interpolate that statement with what I'm about to say about SJWs).

So our SJWs send themselves out on self imagined quests, to right all wrongs, and erase all traces of "political incorrectness" from the face of the earth. In other words, everybody is Don Quixote, and everybody has a windmill in 2017.

Where it all goes wrong, is in the fact that their "dogma" is encapsulated, without any life experience to legitimize or justify it. So what happens is, "they go into mental combat, completely unarmed". Their big "plan B", is is allowing themselves the conceit, or delusion if you will, they matter. Everyone else's reality should be, the sooner they're shown the door, the better off the group as a whole will be.

"Mr Web", has so little to offer in the way of actual knowledge or interest in participation with the purpose of this forum, he should likely be flattered we wasted as much time on him as we did..

I'm sure you'll agree, making one > off topic< post, and then threatening to leave the forum, thereby depriving us of his godly presence, could more than qualify as a truly hyperbolic, "paranoid delusion of grandeur"...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 17, 2017,