how would you feel about watching a guitarist who only plays easy power chords during their entire gig?

i have an offer to play this restaurant as a first gig, where i can play for tips at first. i would be performing by myself with no backing tracks, doing popular cover songs and singing lead as well. 
people often tell me i have a good singing voice at least. but i question if not playing the lead solo for any of these songs is okay not to do with my acoustic. 
i can play these easy chords pretty solid now, and the easy arpeggio pretty solid as well, for songs that have it arpeggio.

this restaurant is pretty big and gets crowded on the weekend at night, which is when i would perform for about 4 hours with a few breaks. 
lots of gorgeous women will be there watching. i guess i could wait until my leads are good enough...in about 150 years from now. 
would you do a gig like this?
but mainly; what if you were in the audience? how would judge seeing someone playing an acoustic guitar like that? 

thanks
begginer geetarest.
This sounds like a great opportunity, and I think you should totally go for it! Getting up and performing in front of people is difficult, and a majority of people appreciate the courage and talent it takes to be a performer. Even if you are only playing chords, I think a lot of people will be impressed that you can sing and play at the same time. Most people aren't musicians, and most musicians aren't pretentious jerks (and the ones that are are just trying to bolster their own fragile egos, but it's not about you.) I've always been fond of the saying, "people who matter don't mind, and people who mind don't matter."

In the end, though, it's about putting on a performance that YOU will be happy with. When I feel I've done poorly at a show, I'll feel bad about it regardless of how many compliments I get. If it would make you more comfortable, you could try finding a guitarist to play with who could do the leads.
Quote by monwobobbo
What songs are we talking. Do you actually know 4 hours worth of material

classic and modern rock, r&b, country covers. and yeah, i do. i will be able to play with lead sheets, like some performers do, if i need to. but i don't really want to do that. 
begginer geetarest.
Quote by WinryEmber

In the end, though, it's about putting on a performance that YOU will be happy with. When I feel I've done poorly at a show, I'll feel bad about it regardless of how many compliments I get. If it would make you more comfortable, you could try finding a guitarist to play with who could do the leads.

i think i do pretty good playing and singing this way. but i am just wondering what other musicians would think seeing this. being i might get a heckler for doing this. 
begginer geetarest.
Solos don't matter at all but powechords on an un-accompanied acoustic guitar will sound like ass. If you're playing full chords and singing then that's fine, but playing songs that were originally played on distorted electric guitar, but simply playing the same part on an acoustic is not a good idea, You can get away with a couple  of songs but you don't want to be doing a whole set like that - you need to be learning "acoustic-appropriate" versions of the songs, arrangements that use full chords or apreggios in place of basic powerchords.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com