ethanmfrager1  Well, changing tunings is tough on strings, it kind of makes them go dead in a hurry. But I doubt it has any detrimental effect on the guitar., since most tunings are lower the E-e concert standard. Lower tunings equal less stress on the instrument, so no harm. It might be even better for the guitar. Most people tune 12 strings to D-d for that very reason, to lower tension on the neck and body both. 
Strings will break more often if you change tunings frequently but it doesn't hurt the guitar.  Most folk players have to change tunings a lot.  If you only have 1 guitar then there is no way around it.  If you have multiple guitars it's a good idea to have guitars dedicated to different tunings just so you don't have to change tunings all the time.  It'll save you a butt ton on strings.
Not taking any online orders.
Well that clears up the unreasonable worry I had about changing tuning warping the neck, thanks to both the TS for asking and you guys for answering. I certainly recall reading somewhere that the guitar can get 'used to' a lower tuning which can cause tension and warping when you tune it up back to standard, so I'd feel guilty about tuning my guitar even to Eb or D for just a couple of songs and tuned it back to E as soon as I could. Turns out I shouldn't worry.
I care nothing for a song's original key.  Just sayin'.  I know people who say, "That song's in Eb, you're playing it wrong."  Apparently they didn't know that the original artist used  a capo on the first fret and played using  a D progression.  If I play it in G it's still not wrong, it's the same progression.  
I can always find a progression and key transposition with a capo to fit my voice and preference/ease of play.  I use other guitars for open tuning.  So... I don't have to do any retuning.  I don't even use drop D, I use elevated E instead, no retuning.
As for the neck and body stresses you NEVER tune above standard E concert.  Keeping that in mind changing tuning does no harm at all unless you have cheap tuners.
The strings will lose temper with frequent retuning.
Last edited by skido13 at Jun 19, 2017,
Quote by SpinnerwebI certainly recall reading somewhere that the guitar can get 'used to' a lower tuning which can cause tension and warping when you tune it up back to standard, so I'd feel guilty about tuning my guitar even to Eb or D for just a couple of songs and tuned it back to E as soon as I could. Turns out I shouldn't worry.

Guitars do get used to being in certain keys but it doesn't cause permanent warping.  If you have a guitar that is typically kept in standard tuning and then you change to something like open G then the guitar won't stay in tune as well in the new open G tuning as it did in standard.  If you leave it in open G for a couple days the guitar gets used to it and it'll stay in tune better.  If you change it back to standard after a couple days then it takes a bit of time for the guitar to get used to being in standard again.  It's nothing that damages the instrument, guitars just take a bit of time to settle after a significant change string tension.  The same thing happens when you change string gauges. 
Not taking any online orders.