So since I've started going to more concerts recently and have also taken up the drums, I figured it'd be wise to protect my ears a bit (already got mild tinnitus, would rather it didn't turn into severe tinnitus). Don't really want to spend loads since supposedly there are some great options for not too much money.

I've already got a pair of cheap ACS plugs lying around somewhere, and they're pretty decent, but I keep seeing ads for things like the Flare Audio Isolate, which supposedly reduces the noise level without compromising sound quality.
Other people swear by things like the ETY-Plugs or the Fender Touring Earplugs.

So is there anything really worth buying that'll maintain sound quality while reducing noise, for less than like £30, or should I just hold onto my ACS plugs?
Last edited by JokeMonster at Jun 18, 2017,
There are no perfect earplugs and all will affect the sound to some degree.  As a drummer you probably do need ear protection with that 140db snare sitting in your lap.  I have used these to good effect at concerts or when playing in a band. They cut the SPL by about 20db which is the difference between hearing damage/no damage.  I do have a hard time singing with them though.  I lose some of the really subtle details that make vocals shine so they usually don't come out when I am singing.

http://vicfirth.com/products/accessories/hearing-protection/high-fidelity-earplugs-large/
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
You'd be wise to get some custom-fitted ear plugs, even it costs you £100+   It's money well spent.

Feels very odd having the inner ear mould taken, but it's quick ... about 30 secs per ear.  

These professional ones are very different to the cheap plugs, in sound quality.  Your sound is just quieter, but very clear, not muffled.  I have a couple of different inserts; one for 15dB reduction, the other for 30dB reduction (proved too much).  Only problem is gauging volume of my voice.
Quote by Cajundaddy
ttp:/vicfirth.com/products/accessories/hearing-protection/high-fidelity-earplugs-large/

Thanks for the reply, they look good but aren't they basically just the same as the Etymotic ER20's, rebranded for Vic Firth? These ones.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
You'd be wise to get some custom-fitted ear plugs, even it costs you £100+   It's money well spent.

Thanks, though I'm not really looking to spend that much at the moment. I may well get some down the line when I can afford it, but not at this point in time
Quote by JokeMonster
Thanks for the reply, they look good but aren't they basically just the same as the Etymotic ER20's, rebranded for Vic Firth? These ones.

I have no idea.  I guess you could ask them directly if it is important.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
jerrykramskoy thanks yeah that's what I hope to avoid! Already I can hear a mild ringing when there's no noise around me, don't want it to get any worse.